1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Lil Nilakka Info

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by M. Johnwell, Apr 24, 2017.

1. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    I have fairly small hands and I can just barely get 4 fingers completely on the handle. However, given the lack of guard and the "all edge" blade, I'd opt for a 3 finger grip with my pinky curled behind the butt if I was going to use it.

[​IMG]

2. texmex03

texmex03

Nov 17, 2014
    Its such a classy knife. I really really like it. I wish spyderco would make more small knives built as well as the nilakka and techno. I would suggest a mini Gayle Bradley 1 or a mini Advocate without bearings.

[​IMG]Untitled by Josh, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    353 likes this.
  3. nick21

nick21

Feb 22, 2014
    I really, REALLY wanted one of these, I hope the demand earns it additional runs or even a permanent (or semi-permanent) spot

4. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    There are still lots out there now, what are you waiting for?! ;)

5. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Sal, is that in the ballpark for future flash batch runs as well?

Thanks

6. Jake_Lucas

Jake_Lucas

Sep 21, 2012
    I absolutely love mine. Class for days! Tucked spydie hole, beautiful shape open and closed. The ratio of blade thickness to overall thickness is wacky but on something this small I don't even mind. It's just fun.

7. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    One popular knife seller shows 30 of these in stock..$155.97 and free shipping too.

8. Big_jack

Big_jack

Aug 29, 2015
    Got mine from Blade HQ yesterday. Cool knife.

9. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    anyone else have lil Nilakka blade rolling? is this only a collector knife?
    didnt the previous Nilakka have edge chipping problem that they CQI and used a micro bevel on after issues?

10. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Mine's fine.

11. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Not since the Burgundy, ZDP-189 Caly Jr have I been so drawn and attracted to one of Spyderco's smaller blades like I am with this Lil Nilakka. It's got some really interesting ergonomics that I'm really being drawn to. There are times even though they are very few times when I end up carrying a smaller folder>> I've always loved my Dodo and ZDP Caly Jr but I most definitely want to score one of these. Not to mention it is an absolutely gorgeous design.