Lil Nilakka Info

For those of you who have one, how does it feel in the hand? I have medium sized hands and I'm worried about getting a full grip on one..
I know it's more supposed to be a collector's item, but if I decide to get one I'm going to carry it.
I have fairly small hands and I can just barely get 4 fingers completely on the handle. However, given the lack of guard and the "all edge" blade, I'd opt for a 3 finger grip with my pinky curled behind the butt if I was going to use it.

Lil%20Nilakka%204%20finger.JPG

Its such a classy knife. I really really like it. I wish spyderco would make more small knives built as well as the nilakka and techno. I would suggest a mini Gayle Bradley 1 or a mini Advocate without bearings.

Untitled by Josh, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: 353
I really, REALLY wanted one of these, I hope the demand earns it additional runs or even a permanent (or semi-permanent) spot

I really, REALLY wanted one of these, I hope the demand earns it additional runs or even a permanent (or semi-permanent) spot

There are still lots out there now, what are you waiting for?! ;)

I absolutely love mine. Class for days! Tucked spydie hole, beautiful shape open and closed. The ratio of blade thickness to overall thickness is wacky but on something this small I don't even mind. It's just fun.

anyone else have lil Nilakka blade rolling? is this only a collector knife?
didnt the previous Nilakka have edge chipping problem that they CQI and used a micro bevel on after issues?

Not since the Burgundy, ZDP-189 Caly Jr have I been so drawn and attracted to one of Spyderco's smaller blades like I am with this Lil Nilakka. It's got some really interesting ergonomics that I'm really being drawn to. There are times even though they are very few times when I end up carrying a smaller folder>> I've always loved my Dodo and ZDP Caly Jr but I most definitely want to score one of these. Not to mention it is an absolutely gorgeous design.

Back