Liners for GSO 7/7

Does anybody make aftermarket liners to go under the factory canvas micarta handles? I'm finding the handle to be needing just a little more purchase. I'd be grateful for any leads.

I saw a guy that made rubber ones from the trimmable edges of a car floormat. I will look and see if I can find the thread

Adding liners made a world of difference on my GSO 6 and GSO 10. The matts came from Pep Boys for about six bucks each. They have black, tan and grey.
I went with grey on the GSO 6 and black on the GSO 10.

GSO 10 with black liners:

I finally got around to adding liners to my GSO-10, took me a while because I couldn't find those trimmable car mats close by and low enough cost, ended up tracing/cutting liners from an old wheelbarrow inner tube. What a difference!!! I'll post pictures either this evening or tomorrow when i have a chance to take some photographs.

By the way, the tricky part was remolding the sheath-mouth to provide proper retention on the thicker handle - you have to heat it up to loosen, then repress tight but with a spacer around the blade and a flare at the lip so the knife still goes in easy. Thanks to FTR-14c for the inspiration!

Here are mine, again used tire inner-tube liners, they aren't as clean as FTR-14c's work (should have used an exacto-knife to cut them out), but they do make a world of difference in how the handle fits your hand:

P1020112.JPG

P1020116.JPG

P1020117.JPG

P1020118.JPG

P1020115.JPG

I'm glad you took the plunge and went for it. The sheath adjustment is a small price to pay for what you get back in comfort.

Good thinking on using a tire tube. Almost anything will work. A guy on the Becker forum used a bit of rubber shower liner on one of his knives.
It is amazing that such a small amount of space can completely change the feel of a handle in a positive way.

At times, I'm feeling like the rubber is deadening some of the vibration that is transferred to my hand. Let me know what you think about that after you bang on your 10 for a while.

Hey guys thanks! They look great. I guess I'll look around and see what I can dig up. I'm running an all leather Sagewood Gear sheath, so I don't think it will be a problem fitting.

You should be all set with a leather sheath.
Feel free to Send me a PM or e-mail if you have any questions about fabricating the liners.

Back