Lion steel Barlows

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, really like a lot of things about them but there is one thing that bugs me, in the closed position the 'tang' of the knife looks like it would not be comfortable in the pocket...Does anyone have any experience with this? don't really want to use a slip either. Cheers.

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, really like a lot of things about them but there is one thing that bugs me, in the closed position the 'tang' of the knife looks like it would not be comfortable in the pocket...Does anyone have any experience with this? don't really want to use a slip either. Cheers.
I have a Lionsteel Roundhead Barlow but for me it‘s not an issue just because I prefer to carry my knives in a leather slip. Without a slip it could be a bit more problematic to carry it in the pocket but the tang itself is nicely rounded of.

If you like it a bit mor you can always round of the tang a bit with a stone or a rod from the sharpmaker. Just remember to protect the knife with some adhesive tape to avoid scratches

Otherwise I can only recommend those Barlows. Nice fit and finish and for me it‘s one of my favorites at the moment.

Last edited:
Back