Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

In order to avoid all the complexities that come with that territory, I will refrain ;)
Just curious, but will you be doing the nitpicky cull on the shuffler & second run of the Roundhead? I have been teetering on making an early reserve of stag for both knives, but have been worried about getting a lack of texture on the stag. Either way, thanks for being so active in the community and helping design such a cool knife. Have a nice day!

Just curious, but will you be doing the nitpicky cull on the shuffler & second run of the Roundhead? I have been teetering on making an early reserve of stag for both knives, but have been worried about getting a lack of texture on the stag. Either way, thanks for being so active in the community and helping design such a cool knife. Have a nice day!

No way to know at this point. But if there are some I don't feel warrant full price I am sure they will run similar.

I went out of town for a couple weeks with the CF Roundhead and gave it a good workout.
Clearing out an old house I cut up a couple dozen cardboard boxes, blister packs, air hoses, saplings, lowered a couple striker plates and other mundane uses. Still sharp.
Love this knife :)

Finally got mine today. Asked for dark and got these beatiful scales :)
Jc5rIlE.jpg

oh5xdvx.jpg

Unfortunately I have two QC gripes concerning the screws: one of them is crooked and one is sticking out on the inside.. ugly but luckily it doesn't rub the blade.
Jc5rIlE.jpg
Maybe I was expecting too much but Lionsteel usually does top notch work.

Byelnjc.jpg

jCpKpLs.jpg

Finally got mine today. Asked for dark and got these beatiful scales :)
Jc5rIlE.jpg

oh5xdvx.jpg

Unfortunately I have two QC gripes concerning the screws: one of them is crooked and one is sticking out on the inside.. ugly but luckily it doesn't rub the blade.
Jc5rIlE.jpg
Maybe I was expecting too much but Lionsteel usually does top notch work.

Byelnjc.jpg

jCpKpLs.jpg
That is odd. It made me look at mine and it's not even that the screw is sticking out but its totally different then the rest of the screws in the knife from what I can tell. I've checked and all the screws in mine are not just flush but there flat on top like the ones in the bolsters of yours. It looks like somehow the wrong screw got used on yours if I'm seeing it right that is lol. o_O:confused: It may take time but I'm sure lionsteel or CK will make it right for you. Other wise it's a great example I love those covers :thumbsup::cool:

That is odd. It made me look at mine and it's not even that the screw is sticking out but its totally different then the rest of the screws in the knife from what I can tell. I've checked and all the screws in mine are not just flush but there flat on top like the ones in the bolsters of yours. It looks like somehow the wrong screw got used on yours if I'm seeing it right that is lol. o_O:confused: It may take time but I'm sure lionsteel or CK will make it right for you. Other wise it's a great example I love those covers :thumbsup::cool:

Yep I thought the same thing, the screw seems way too long. And I'm not sure what makes the other one come out crooked, the screw itself is straight. It would be nice to hear from knifeswapper knifeswapper on this :)
Definitely love my covers and everything else about it though!

Yeah I don't blame you it's great. Your best bet is to just shoot Mike and email or call him whatever works best for you. Hopefully it just takes getting a couple of the correct screws and your good to go. :thumbsup::cool:

Reactions: hrf
Yep I thought the same thing, the screw seems way too long. And I'm not sure what makes the other one come out crooked, the screw itself is straight. It would be nice to hear from knifeswapper knifeswapper on this :)
Definitely love my covers and everything else about it though!

Typically we like to respond to these types of concerns via email; but since it is posted here, this is where we will respond.

Due to the varying thickness in slabs, the factory has a couple lengths of screws. When applying them they want to make sure that they are catching enough threads for it to never be a problem. And since there are not enough sizes to work perfectly in every situation, there will be some exposed (which is much better than significantly recessed). Having said that, although this picture is greatly magnified, it does appear to me that the shorter screw would be sufficient in this case. Contact us directly and we will take care of it.

As to the comment about possibly the wrong type of screw - smooth handles have flat tops and textured have radius heads.

Reactions: hrf
Thanks Mike, I will send an email.

Edited to say: Lionsteel will be sending me new screws, both they and Collectorknives have been great to deal with :)

Last edited:
I was just trying to help him figure out what was wrong.

I understood exactly what you were saying. That is why I tried to clarify the different screws you were seeing on the knives. Hope that makes sense.

Since he lives in Europe, Lion Steel is sending him a set of screws.

I had a minor issue with the screws in mine. I had one that was very rough due to it beginning to strip and due to the uneven surface of the Stag this roughness was very noticeable. I was able to give myself a satisfactory resolution by swapping some screws around to get one with a smooth feeling head in that spot and move the rough to a more recessed spot eliminating my issue. I would love replacement screws but being in the US the shipping would be high for I or Lionsteel and the screw has no functional problems I might later remove the screw to buff it and smooth out the roughness.

i gave a CF roundhead to my gfs dad for his bday... cant wait for the shufflerS for me!

It is no surprise that I love GEC knives. I am a slipjoint guy from a slipjoint background. But after fondling Lion Steel and Viper knives for a couple years, I really wanted their take on a slipjoint. These Italian makers are a lot like CollectorKnives - they are comparatively small companies that try and portray themselves as a bigger entity. Plus, Lion Steel has had the Blade Overall Knife of the Year for three years in a row now. People are giving me a lot of credit, but I just gave them general specs and let them run with it.

As far as specific inspiration, there are 5-6 patterns that I have always wanted to tweak just a little bit and introduce with a universally respected steel. I hope we can continue down that path.
Hello I'm new to blade forums (I'm not even sure this is how I post a question) I'm very interested in the Lion Steel Shuffler and Roundhead... Could someone please point me in the right direction?.. Thank you very much

Hello guys.. Im a noob to blade forums and I was wondering where I can find the Lion Steel Shuffler and Roundhead.. I really like both of these.. Thank you very much .

Back