Liong Mah Lanny Flipper - Brown Micarta

ScooterG

You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine.
Anyone else getting one of these? They just dropped today. I know at least 1 out of 52 has been sold :D

This is the CF version. Reate did a great job with them.
img_0068-jpg.766259

Anyone else getting one of these? They just dropped today. I know at least 1 out of 52 has been sold :D

This is the CF version. Reate did a great job with them.
img_0068-jpg.766259

The micarta version has an old school look to it. I like the CF version myself. Something mesmerizing about the way he does his carbon fiber.

Ah your photo is not showing.

Tempted to, but I hate those little filler tabs on the show side (also on the GSD). Realistically, how many sales would they lose by not having that? Because that's what's keeping me from buying both the Lanny and the GSD.

Tempted to, but I hate those little filler tabs on the show side (also on the GSD). Realistically, how many sales would they lose by not having that? Because that's what's keeping me from buying both the Lanny and the GSD.

You can always remove the tab and have screw holes like 100% of other left hand option knives.

Personally it doesn't bother me.

I agree with Max - up to a point anyway. The filler tab is an inclusion that I'd have to "live with," which isn't ideal at this price. Here's a question: Does the micarta have a milled out area that the filler tab sits in so it's flush with the scale? If it does, then you have more than a screw hole to contend with. I really think Liong did a terrific job - it's a very well-done, handsome knife at a compelling size. But at $400 I don't want to "live with" a design choice that I wish had been excluded.

How well does the pocket clip work? I was looking at a GSD or KUF, but that clip just looks strange.

Just talked to the man himself. Great conversation. Makes me want to buy every model.

Last edited:
How well does the pocket clip work? I was looking at a GSD or KUF, but that clip just looks strange.

Just talked to the man himself. Great conversation. Makes me want to buy every model.

Clip works great. Tension is good, plenty of room at the tip to catch the top of your pocket and plenty of room for thicker pockets. I haven’t tried with slacks (proudly haven’t worn slacks in over a year).

I really like the faux bolster effect created by cutting the scales like that

Clip works great. Tension is good, plenty of room at the tip to catch the top of your pocket and plenty of room for thicker pockets. I haven’t tried with slacks (proudly haven’t worn slacks in over a year).

It's quite an easy on and off in the business slacks I wear to work. Retention is quite good too.

LOL - you should. :)

The carbon fiber Lannys are almost sold out (his Warrior 1 sold out over the weekend). I expect the Micarta versions will not last much longer either..... don't hesitate if you want one.

The carbon fiber Lannys are almost sold out (his Warrior 1 sold out over the weekend). I expect the Micarta versions will not last much longer either..... don't hesitate if you want one.
Need. More. Money.

I just got one the last W1’s. We’ll see if a green Lanny is in my future.

Back