Lionsteel’s Consistent Quality

I now own three Lionsteel fixed blades, and each one of them are absolutely perfect in their execution.

A satin M7 was my first, and one that I’ve had for two years now, but looks so good I haven’t thus far been able to anything with it - but admire it.

I now have two T5s, a satin and a black finished one, and they are equally well-executed. All three of these knives have milled one-piece micarta handles in common, and all three of them fit onto the tang of their respective blades without the slightest bit of a gap. It could not be done any better than they have accomplished.

I can see why they have won the Quality Award at the Atlanta Blade Show. Now if I can only resist buying a handful of folders next...!

I owned about twenty Lionsteel knives so far and every single one of them was absolutely perfect in terms of quality.*

I like the knives of other companies as well but over the years I had lemons from Benchmade, Spyderco (I somehow have really bad luck when it comes to their knives - I had plenty models where I got more than one lemon before I finally had a knife I regarded as good), Fox knives, Viper Technocut, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, SOG, Victorinox and even Extrema Ratio. Lionsteel was always great out of the box. Even their early stuff that was considerably cheaper was great in that regard.

*The only Lionsteel made knife I ever had that wasn't perfect out of the box was an early Bastinelli DragoTac Compact - those always had issues with blade centering but that wasn't Lionsteels fault but a construction error and fixed with later versions of the knife.

Back