lionSteel Beerlow

Because the forum rules have remained the same? So they technically haven’t.

And each new knife breaks those rules.

I'm liking these. I really like my Beer Scout, but I keep battling rust freckles if I use it like a bottle opener. A stainless steel just makes better since on this sort of pattern.

I carry my warhorse often and really like it, this looks like another nice slipjoint to me :thumbsup:

The "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades" sub-forum is defined as follows:
Discussion of classic Hunters, Trappers, Lockbacks, Slipjoints, Skinners and other classic "traditional" designs...

Well, I’m almost certainly in for one of these. I was on the fence about the lionsteel jack, but have no such qualms with this! Looking forward to learning what handles will be available.

These turned out fantastic Mike. A barlow, quality steel, and a caplifter, what’s not to like. Any idea what handle materials will be available?

Not trying to start anything just honestly curious of your opinion. What exactly about this knife breaks the rules?:)

The test they established for whether a knife was a traditional knife or not is if an average user in the 1960s would see anything out of the ordinary about it.

Pretty simple, uncontroversial test.

dealers rules - basically aren’t meant to discuss dealers either positively or negatively. Simple too.

The test they established for whether a knife was a traditional knife or not is if an average user in the 1960s would see anything out of the ordinary about it.
So what exactly is different or extraordinary with these? Why are they any different than say a GEC Beer Scout? This pattern was made back in the day, what about it says its not traditional?

These look great! Natural canvas micarta for me for sure.

So what exactly is different or extraordinary with these? Why are they any different than say a GEC Beer Scout? This pattern was made back in the day, what about it says its not traditional?

Camillus Camillus can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's the pattern he has an issue with but the methods of construction used.

Personally, I feel it's a topic that has been belabored considerably in many threads and the mods have chimed in multiple times - in my mind, the matter is settled until the powers that be say otherwise.

Back