Lionsteel BestMan Slipjoint

Sounds good thanks!
G2

Couldn't decide between the carbon fiber and ebony. Glad I picked up one of each. I like this knife, a lot.
I feel the pull is a little stronger than my shuffler, but that may be due to it being new and not broken in.

pXP6mlo.jpg
I like the Ebony just a little bit better but I couldn't resist the Carbon Fiber either. These are really nice knives.

IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG

Very nice, the thickness isn’t a problem then?
G2

Very nice, the thickness isn’t a problem then?
G2
Thanks, Gary. I personally have no problem whatsoever with the thickness. I actually prefer it to be honest but I've always been that way.

I can't speak for the single blade Best Mans but the 2 blade models have a nice palm filling grip regardless of which blade is open. Some might find them thick in the pocket but I'm used to it from other knives that I've carried and it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks Rick, when these first appeared in photos, I did not notice the curve along the frame, I thought they were more rectangular and wasn't so keen to my eyes. BUT, now, with more images showing, I like what I had missed ;) also the front end of the bolsters appear faceted, another break away from about any folder I've seen or owned.

G2

I thought I would do another thickness comparison with a couple other knives that many folks might be familiar with. That picture I posted with the SAK Super Tinker a couple pages back might be a bit deceiving because the SAK is such a thick knife.

All are 2 spring knives with slightly different thicknesses. Old Timer 34OT on the left. 2 blade Lion Steel Best Man in the middle. Ulster Scout knife on the right.

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

For those of you who have these in hand, how do you feel about the shape of the bolsters? When I first saw these announced, I was really keen on them, but the more I looked at those squarish bolsters, the more I started to think they might be uncomfortable or awkward in the pocket.

For those of you who have these in hand, how do you feel about the shape of the bolsters? When I first saw these announced, I was really keen on them, but the more I looked at those squarish bolsters, the more I started to think they might be uncomfortable or awkward in the pocket.

I was just the opposite when I first saw these. I thought they looked too boxy but they gradually started to grow on me. I liked everything else about them and I realized that I've carried knives before with a similar boxy shape and I never had a problem with those. It occurred to me that I've never stopped carrying a knife because it was too boxy.

When I finally got one in my hands all of my concerns about the squarish shape disappeared. The faceted bolsters that Gary mentioned above are a nice touch and the knives feel very nice in the hand.

I wear loose fitting jeans and my 2 blade Best Man causes me no discomfort. Honestly, now that I have one, when I think about the squarish shape the only thing that comes to mind is that I like it.

Any more my thumbnail doesn't like being used to open blades, so I think the single blade version may have that advantage, if it is pinchable to open the blade on that one??
G2

My olive wood handled folder arrived today and the blade is easily pinchable to open.
Very nice folder, I’ll post some photos later tonight
G2

Nice example Gary! The contrast between the light wood and the darker grey bolsters works very well. I think the single blade version is my favorite as well. Great foto's as aways! :)

How thick behind the edge is your sample? How is the action compared to a SAK? Thanks!

Thanks guys and JD the behind the edge thickness after I reprofiled the edge is just at .021" so not super thin but still a good cutter and the m390 takes a nice edge too.
G2

Back