Lionsteel BestMan Slipjoint

Nice Jordan, post an image when you can. I've thought about the two bladed version, but, for me I'd rather it had a shorter coping type blade to compliment the clip point. But, that's just me and I'm sure most will like the larger blade, but when I need to cut using a wharncliff/sheepsfoot/coping blade, it is more of a close up detail type of use, whittling or carving type stuff.

G2

Nice Jordan, post an image when you can. I've thought about the two bladed version, but, for me I'd rather it had a shorter coping type blade to compliment the clip point. But, that's just me and I'm sure most will like the larger blade, but when I need to cut using a wharncliff/sheepsfoot/coping blade, it is more of a close up detail type of use, whittling or carving type stuff.

G2

I really like the wharncliffes for utility dirty work. I'm a big fan of the dirty blade/clean blade principle, especially when within the same knife frame.

I know this isn't the topic of this thread, but the GEC possum skinner is probably right up your alley and another very nice opposing end 2-bladed slippie. I think it might have the thinnest edges I've seen on a GEC as well, darn near a fillet blade on the clip end. Between that one, the 82 bullmoose, and now the best man, I'm a happy camper. I think several of my trappers will be displaced soon as I seem to prefer the comfort in opposing ends a little more for my hands.

G2
I'm glad you mentioned the straight edge blade. One thing that had me on the fence about this 2 blade version was that I've always used the shorter straight edge blades found on Stockman knives, the GEC Churchill, etc. I got so accustomed to those that I feared I wouldn't like the larger coping blade.

I use a straight edge blade mostly for opening boxes and the shorter blades have always worked very well for me.

I wasn't sure how I would like the larger coping blade but after about 2 weeks of use I'm liking it quite a bit. After using it for awhile I suspect it might feel strange the next time I use the shorter sheepsfoot blades that I became so accustomed to.

Not really what I was expecting but I do like this larger straight edge blade.

The dirty blade/clean blade approach is something I plan to employ with this knife. The straight edge will open boxes, cut cardboard, and do any dirty work, the clip point will be for food and more detailed tasks. The GEC #35 Churchill convinced me of the merits of a clip point and a straight edge pairing being ideal for daily use.

I am almost convinced to try the two bladed version but it will be a while before I’ll have funds enough for it.

And by the way my Bestman was shipped fast to me from DLT Trading, thanks Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT for the speedy service and great product!
G2

I am almost convinced to try the two bladed version but it will be a while before I’ll have funds enough for it.

And by the way my Bestman was shipped fast to me from DLT Trading, thanks Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT for the speedy service and great product!
G2

Glad to hear it! So glad you had a good experience and enjoy the knife!

I certainly recommend the two blade, I am loving mine. It was invaluable for me today.

Qk3CXRT_d.jpg

Had a chance recently to handle one of the two bladed versions, while I really liked the wharncliff blade, I would not be getting a double bladed one due to the handle thickness, for me the single blade is about perfect and the curve of the handle provides a nice secure grip during use and the blade is keeping sharp as well with some cardboard as well as just whittling on some hardwood.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Right now I'm thinking this is about the "Best" traditional, albeit modern offering, that I have ever owned so far.

Maybe too modern for this traditional forum but, it certainly works and cuts great. Spring is flat in closed, half stop and full open, very nice touch for that and walk and talk is about perfect and pinchable to open is a plus.

G2

I've gotten pretty attached to mine too. It's going to take a pretty awesome knife to kick this one out of my pocket. I said that about the GEC Churchill too. Then along came this LionSteel and I'm saying it again. I can't imagine anything suiting my wants and needs better than this Best Man but stranger things have happened.

I know it's not the case but it almost seems like the knife was made just for me.

It may very well have been made just for you, at least that's a good thought to have ;)

Just this past Sunday took my oldest daughter and her kids to Olive Garden, the salad has jalapeno peppers in there, no one else in the family likes them so I usually get the lionsteel share and since we were at 'Olive' Garden, I used my Olivewood handled Bestman to neatly slice up the pepper so as to mix it into the salad a bit better, sliced clean and neat ! :)

G2

[QUOTE="Railsplitter, post: 19173562, member: 282972"... I said that about the GEC Churchill too. Then along came this LionSteel and I'm saying it again...[/QUOTE]

I wish I hadn't read that. :) Thanks

This caught my eye when I first saw it. Sold some stuff and grabbed one.
I think I liked ebony and CF the best, but showed the wife and kids and the majority said micarta, so that’s what I did.

it doesn’t disappoint! CF was prob still my preference but this knife is just lovely

Kind of reminds me of a buck 110 mini

2ce68ba7e54bfe5731efdd3c44a930ce.jpg

Last edited:
Came in the mail over the weekend. :) I thought about the single blade but having the Roundhead and Shuffler, I opted for the 2 blade. Best decision I could of made, this is a very comfortable user.
Q9uaSgN.jpg

Great score. Congratulations on an exceptional knife.

I just noticed yesterday that one of our supporting dealers, BladeHQ, has a Green Canvas Micarta version in stock. Not sure how long those have been out. Maybe I just overlooked them.

I decided to try one of the single blade models to see if I liked the pinchable blade better than the non pinchable 2 blade model.

IMG_5148.JPG

Both are exceptional designs but I can't bring myself to sacrifice the width (which I like) and the straight edge blade for pinchability. For carrying and using I'm sticking with the 2 blade Ebony model. It's my kind of knife. The single blade, not so much.

IMG_4904.JPG

Back