Lionsteel M9

Those moletta designs are very nice indeed
One design I would like to see again is the neoczen camp knife in calmax !

I agree 100% !!!
The Neoczen is my ideal shape for a 6" all-around knife...just add a more ergonomic handle like the one on the M7 and you will have a superb
sharp tool !!!
I'm not sure about the steel as I don't know it so much.

Last edited:
Does anyone own that knife? I'm curious to know more about it...edge retention, usability...etc...

I do like Molletta designs too. The one-piece micarta grips on the T5 and M7 are outstanding, and I hope the M9 has a nice one setup for a big chopping blade. Hopefully Molletta will make the M9 in Sleipner steel so that it has "some"rust resistance and high impact toughness.

I must say though that I do not like that Lionsteel makes most of its folders in Sleipner. I love Sleipner in fixed blades, but my folding knives are exposed to many more tasks that cause Sleipner to rust. Food preparation, and perspiration have caused my Sleipner folders to rust when other stainless steels will not.

Molletta, I love the KUR G10 but please make it in Niolox or M390 so that it doesn't rust in my pocket. :D

Last edited:
I do like Molletta designs too. The one-piece micarta grips on the T5 and M7 are outstanding, and I hope the M9 has a nice one setup for a big chopping blade. Hopefully Molletta will make the M9 in Sleipner steel so that it has "some"rust resistance and high impact toughness.

I must say though that I do not like that Lionsteel makes most of its folders in Sleipner. I love Sleipner in fixed blades, but my folding knives are exposed to many more tasks that cause Sleipner to rust. Food preparation, and perspiration have caused my Sleipner folders to rust when other stainless steels will not.

Molletta, I love the KUR G10 but please make it in Niolox so that it doesn't rust in my pocket. :D

Totally agree with you, the handles of T5 and M7 are absolutely the best I've tryed, their ergonomic design is perfect.
I also copy your opinion about the steel choice for the folders: it's very strange they use sleipner for that kind of products as folders are commonly in less need for toughness (they are not made for chopping!)...It would be much more logic to use an M390, Elmax or Niolox...
About the steel to use for the upcoming M9: well....do you really think there isn't a stainless steel able to replicate Sleipner's performances?

Last edited:
Totally agree with you, the handles of T5 and M7 are absolutely the best I've tryed, their ergonomic design is perfect.
I also copy your opinion about the steel choice for the folders: it's very strange they use sleipner for that kind of products as folders are commonly in less need for toughness (they are not made for chopping!)...It would be much more logic to use an M390, Elmax or Niolox...
About the steel to use for the upcoming M9: well....do you really think there isn't a stainless steel able to replicate Sleipner's performances?

I'm not sure what would be a good Euro steel choice that is more rust resistant than Sleipner. Bohler and Udeholm's catalog do not show anything that quite fits for a big chopping blade. Lionsteel already proved that Sleipner works great in this task with the DPx HEFT CHOP 12. There are some semi-custom steel creations out there, but the cost would be astronomical. There are a lot of bowie style blades out there in steels like CPM 3V and Vandis, but they are very expensive. Anything over $300 US dollars for a M9 would keep it from selling. So, Sleipner would be the ideal steel for a M9 in my opinion.......maybe even Niolox at a 57-58 hardness.

BTW, I went out and did some abusive cutting and batoning with my T5 in Niolox. It is actually doing quite well with its edge retention and edge stability. I think I like it better than S30V(chips too easily) for this size of a blade. Bravo Molletta on the T5. I hope you give us as great of a M9.

Last edited:
I would love to see pictures of the design

Why don't you all go visiting the Lionsteel homepage....if you watch the video of "Molletta's" factory visit you can see something interesting....just watch with the proper attention....;)
Video time line 0:20....0:25....and 0:32....is it the object of your dreams? :D:D

Why don't you all go visiting the Lionsteel homepage....if you watch the video of "Molletta's" factory visit you can see something interesting....just watch with the proper attention....;)
Video time line 0:20....0:25....and 0:32....is it the object of your dreams? :D:D

THANK YOU
If this is the M9 then it will be epic !

Back