LionSteel-made knives you currently own

Knife Research Legion: Sleipner Blade with Brown G10

Lionsteel M7: Sleipner Blade and Black Micarta Handles

What are your thoughts on the differences between the similar KR Legion and LS M7?

Circle10

Great pictures of a few of my favorites.......owning the Heft 4 what do you see as the differences between that and the M5

Thanks

I have not used the M5 yet so cannot comment on practical use differences. I prefer the Sleipner of the M5 over the HEFT 4 with Niolox. I like the G10 handles of the HEFT over the wood handles but the G10 handled M5 would be just right for my hand size. Handles on both are around the same length but the M5 handles are more contoured and seem to fit me better. Thickness of both blades are basically the same at around 3/16" and the M5 has about an extra 1/2" of blade length. Sheaths are basically the same for both unless you like the leather sheaths that come with the wood handled models. The thumb ramp on the HEFT I could do without but the bottle opener definitely comes in handy! :D If I had to buy only one between the 2, I would probably choose the HEFT due to its lower cost.

When I get a chance I will post some side by side compairson shots.

My apologies for the dark pictures. Cloudy here today.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the differences between the similar KR Legion and LS M7?

Yes, they have very similar blade specs, with the M7 just a bit longer. The M7 is just one of those perfect fitting knives for me. The pronounced butt on the handle really cradles my hand in. If it just came in G10, but that's my preference. I have not yet had a chance to refit the M7 to its sheath. It does have a bit of movement but not too bad. My Legion did not come with one of the newer sheaths so I'm not able to comment about that one. I am also a finger choil guy and the M7 allows me to comfortably choke up utilizing the forward section of the smooth thumb ramp. Not so much in favor of the blood groove on the Legion and would rather have the extra weight.

I will add some side by side pics of these as well.

Again, my apologies for the dark pics.

Knives reversed so no one gets the advantage of being on top :D

Forgot to mention the almost full tang of the M7 and solid block machined handles. This may be considered by some to be a weakness but I would not agree.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comparison Circle10. The finger choil on the M7 is a plus.

M7 weighs 14.43 ounces versus 14.50 ounces on the Legion.

I may eventually opt for a coated M7 as I already have a Legion. The reason for the coating is that I do get rust pits on my Sleipner blades here.

Thank you very much for the comparisons...better than I could of hoped for, plus you happened to find a G10 version of the M5......

I picked up this a few weeks back. Love the color!

Lionsteel_SR1_1.jpg

Lionsteel_SR1_2.jpg

Lionsteel_SR1_3.jpg

Lionsteel_SR1_4.jpg

tumblr_o8tqo8Bp5b1sibzg9o3_1280.jpg

Lionsteel PM-4

Nice.

This is the first time I've seen pictures of it.

It seems to be exclusive to the Swiss dealer Polizeibedarf.ch:

"NEW World Premiere, now finally available, the new Lion Steel PM-4 Combat / Working jackknife developed 100% in Switzerland. The knife is an excellent workmanship and is very good in the hand. Striking is the very low weight of around 110 / 120g depending on the version. The knife is available exclusively at polizeibedarf.ch. It is offered in two versions. The normal production model with 3D G10 handle scales and the strictly limited special model with carbon handle scales."​

So, the CF is limited edition for SFr. 192.50 ($200).

The G-10 is SFr. 168.50 ($175).

• Blade steel: Niolox German tool steel (59 ... 62HRC)
  • Blade length: 9.cm (3.54")
  • Blade thickness 3.4mm (0.13")
  • Closed Length 11.4cm (4.5")
  • Total Length 20.5cm (8.07")
  • Stainless steel clip (convertible)
  • Linerlock Liners stainless steel
  • IKBS
  • Handle: 3D Carbon (Black)
  • Extremely lightweight CF only 110g (3.88 ounces) - G-10: 120g (4.23 ounces)
  • Developed in Switzerland in cooperation with regulatory bodies
  • Special limited edition (35 copies) with carbon handle scales
  • Made by LionSteel in Italy

Last edited:
My newest LionSteel knives: KUR Metamorphosis and PM-4 CF Limited Edition.

28ca192f-36cf-4f76-a1a2-1686dde6a777_zpserhu6frj.jpg

889d1d7c-7065-42dd-8db3-6ea133a422a6_zpse6tk2jeo.jpg

This is my first Lionsteel. I am already searching for the next one! Great knives. Very well built!!

IMAG0895.jpg

Back