LionSteel Ram's Horn

This might be a stupid question but is the LionSteel Ram's Horn handle made out of actual horn from a ram? Building a barlow on their site and really like the look of that, would be cool if it was real.

Yes, and it behaves like horn. I have found that heat and moisture can cause warping or shrinkage, so just be aware.

It is however, very nice to look at and feel in the hand.

Yep it’s real. One of my absolute favorites was my DOM with rams horn. The horn had a lot of deep dark blues which I haven’t seen and it ended up going through the washer and dryer. Ruined the rams horn almost completely. Super sad on this one bc I liked the coloring so much.

Yep it’s real. One of my absolute favorites was my DOM with rams horn. The horn had a lot of deep dark blues which I haven’t seen and it ended up going through the washer and dryer. Ruined the rams horn almost completely. Super sad on this one bc I liked the coloring so much.
:confused: oh no

Beautiful stuff and not had problems with warping - unlike on cheap Bovine Horn.

3rsEfOx.jpg

I would so like to see aftermarket replacement scales for the Barlows and Beerlows. They would be fun to customize and if we mess up the original scales then there would be no need to retire the knife.

Are you listening, Lionsteel? 😉

I wish they would just sell scales so I could swap mine out.

Time permitting, I think I will try to make a pair out of the woods I have already. Could be fun.

Back