Lionsteel ROK - New M390 Blade Lionsteel Solid Knife

I want to see how that new clip system works!

It looks like you push the little tab/button opposite the clip on the other side to expose it. I'm guessing you push the clip straight in to hide it.

Pretty clever idea!

Cool looking knife their description of the clip mechanics doesn't match up to what I see as it says the clip can be pulled out from the view looks like it is pushed from the opposite side and likely spring loaded would be my guess.

I like it!

rok.jpg

rok.jpg

rok.jpg

rok.jpg

I wonder if the clip's spring just hold's it in place or if the clip mechanism somehow works like a clothespin. The button on the left side of the knife is so big and open towards the end of the knife so IMO the latter seems possible.

Gianni already hinted that they will release a video regarding the ROK within the next days.

Finally m390!!! I wish we had more regarding handle and blade size

More than what they list?

Overall length: 198 mm. - 7.80 in.
Blade length: 86 mm. - 3.39 in.
Blade thickness: 4.5 mm. - 0.18 in.
Net weight: 156 gr. - 5.50 oz.
Frame: Titanium 6Al4V
Blade steel: M390 Satin

First of all, wow, and then a question. I noted you can add the ROK to your cart and proceed to checkout at the LionSteel site, what happens if you do so? Is this preorder? Will you receive a prototype?

More than what they list?

Overall length: 198 mm. - 7.80 in.
Blade length: 86 mm. - 3.39 in.
Blade thickness: 4.5 mm. - 0.18 in.
Net weight: 156 gr. - 5.50 oz.
Frame: Titanium 6Al4V
Blade steel: M390 Satin
Totally didn’t see that lol. Great looking knife. I’m going to blade and hope to handle it in person.

First of all, wow, and then a question. I noted you can add the ROK to your cart and proceed to checkout at the LionSteel site, what happens if you do so? Is this preorder? Will you receive a prototype?

For previous knives you could preorder that way. However, as far as I remember this preorder function was locked until shortly (1 month?) before release so this could be a mistake. But I don't think so: Lionsteel is anticipating that this knife will be another best seller and they may want to stock up to the right amount until release. Preorders could help them to get their numbers right. Remember that Lionsteel still is a somewhat small company in comparison and that this is a complex and costy construction. Lionsteel ordered a new high performance milling machine only for this knife shortly before christmas last year.

Finally: The website is stating "Available starting end of September 2018." Personally I don't see much room for interpretation here. They will start shipping knives at the end of September this year. My guess is the 39th week of the year (from September 24th-28th) because the last two days of September are a weekend. Of course it could also be October first - maybe Lionsteel themselves don't know yet. :)

Very nice Lionsteel! I will be waiting for the black version. Take my money!

Last edited:
LionSteel SR-22 is priced €299 but sells not for the converted $345 but for $273 at US dealers. So, ROK’s price in the US will probably be under $400. Benchmade Anthem and Spyderco Paysan both cost more.

Back