Lionsteel - SR 2

I think it's one of the classic Sinn 103 watches with titanium case & bracelet.

do you mean my Sinn ? , is a 144 steel
http://www.sinn.de/en/sinn.php4?Modell=9

EDC5_zps0bfd7966.jpg

Mine arrived a couple hours ago and my initial impressions are very positive. It really is exactly what I was hoping for, as I really like the SR-1, but found it larger than I prefer to carry.
Thanks LionSteel!

Ordered a Lion Steel SR2 Black Aluminum (black blade and handle) to go with the big brother SR1 AL (all black) that I have.

The price may seem a little high compared to the SR1 AL but that's because the SR2 AL has Sleipner steel blade and the SR1 AL has D2.

haha, it figures they'd be in stock the day after I order one from europe. The price was better at the european site... but 27 dollars worth of shipping took it up to 205.

Just ordered mine today. I had a tough time picking between the black and green aluminum. I went with the black.

The website said the Aluminum version comes with a wood box too! Can anyone confirm? If it does, BONUS!

Like flipe8, I really like the original, but it was simply too big for my needs. I hope this one is "just right".

I've been carrying mine for just shy of a week now and it's growing on me. I feel it's pretty much the perfect size for every day use. The clip is nice and tight and the lock-up is amazing. Glad the wait is finally over!

Awesome! I'm so glad they are finally in stock, not to mention that BladeHQ is only 30 minutes from my house so I can go and fondle every single version of the knife! Mwhaha.

Sadly, I really want the violet version and it only comes in the titanium. The price difference between the two is huge to say the least. Although I'm not going to say that it's unreasonable for the mono-block of titanium.

I just might head to BladeHQ today... no one tell my wife.... and look for stuff in the sales section to fund a potential mini-grail. The violet Ti version. :confused:

I just ordered a satin/orange Al version. I couldn't justify the price for the ti as well.

I justified the price for the Ti just fine.

I also justified buying four other folders, including an Acies 2, from AG Russell too, so what do I know?:D

The SR2 Titanium that I got directly from LionSteel in Italy a month ago cost me $38 more than what BHQ charges now. So, good deal!

For me, the titanium ones have a better balance and grip than the aluminum versions.

Awesome! I'm so glad they are finally in stock, not to mention that BladeHQ is only 30 minutes from my house so I can go and fondle every single version of the knife! Mwhaha.

Sadly, I really want the violet version and it only comes in the titanium. The price difference between the two is huge to say the least. Although I'm not going to say that it's unreasonable for the mono-block of titanium.

I just might head to BladeHQ today... no one tell my wife.... and look for stuff in the sales section to fund a potential mini-grail. The violet Ti version. :confused:

So, did you go? Did you get one? Pics please!

So, did you go? Did you get one? Pics please!

I held off today, I'm going back tomorrow to really try and narrow down my choices. I was able to handle the Violet Ti, the Bronze Ti and the Aluminum Orange as well as the SR1A Orange. There is a noticable size difference as the pictures have already pointed out in the thread. The thing that I'm struggling with is that the SR2 is just $20 less expensive than the SR1 Ti and yet both knives carry the same exact materials including the Sleipner steel. So when I go back tomorrow I will narrow it down to 1 and make my purchase.

On a side note, the violet isn't what you would call vibrant, but rather subdued in person. Perhaps it was the florscent lighting, but there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the Bronze Ti and the Violet Ti in terms of color when comparing them side by side. I was hoping for a rather vibrant violet as the BladeHQ photos show for the SR1 that can be seen here: http://www.bladehq.com/item--Lion-Steel-SR1Ti-V-Blued--6355 . I plan on comparing the Violet SR1 and SR2 tomorrow in person. Also, as RamZar mentioned in another thread, the Ti version is actually less "slippery" than the Aluminum version.

Anyhow, I feel rather fortunate to have one of the largest knife shops in the country within driving distance; it's quite nice to be able to get your hands on absolutely everything. The guy working the front was really cool, let me flip one of the Benchmade bali's while he checked on some stuff for me. Legit!

Last edited:
That's the reason I didn't go with the violet SR2. They really aren't that blue/violet unless they polish them like the tiSpines. I'm glad you mentioned that because I was really torn between the two colors, especially since I couldn't see them in person. The bronze will look very different than the usual grey Ti folders, that's why I got it.

As far as Ti versus aluminum, all my titanium folders are less slippery than my aluminum ones, regardless of make.

I wish they would make a TiSpine 2 now. A smaller one of those would be excellent.

Last edited:
I wish they would make a TiSpine 2 now. A smaller one of those would be excellent.

Undoubtedly. I think they should've just done the original TiSpine with a 3" blade instead of the current 3.35".

Back