Lionsteel - SR 2

I see blade HQ has the red sr2 in stock that I want. This whole "spend less money on knives" thing isn't working out.

However, am I the only one that thinks the price difference between the al versions should be a bit greater?

Edit: Never mind, forgot that the sr2 had sleipnir. Price seems about right.

Last edited:
Alright gents, so I went back to BladeHQ on my way into work today to see what fate and self control had in store for me. Although, I did make one fatal error upon entering the store, I asked to see the SR1 Ti in Violet to compare to the SR2 Ti Violet. Huge Mistake! The Violet on the SR1 that they just got back in stock with this order was the awesome vibrant color that I had hoped it would be. There was a clear difference in the Violets between the two knives as the SR2 violet is quite a bit more subdued.

So there I was clenching my teeth and trying to decide between the two knives, the SR1 with everything that I wanted, and the SR2 with a more realistic and usable size. I work in an office environment so 4 out of 5 business days I'm forced to wear slacks and khakis and so forth. If I was able to wear jeans daily, it would have been absolutely no contest between the two, I would have picked the SR1. But again with the whole office slave and slacks in mind I asked the guy working the counter to hurry and ring me up for the SR2 before I did something stupid and walked out with both.

I was also fortunate to be able to view two different SR2's in Violet and chose the one with the earlier lock up. The awesome guy at the counter let me know that either, they only received 4 of the violet SR2's in stock initially, or they only had 4 left; I can't remember which one it was. But two of them sold yesterday. (Which means that time is short on availability).

Without further adieu, here are some crappy phone pics shot in poor lighting.

I hope to take some better pictures tonight, but don't expect anything close to the quality of the previous pictures in this thread. I'll likely do a video as well, since I enjoy doing so, regardless of what everyone else wants. :D

Btw, I tried to take a pic of the SR1 and the SR2 to show the difference in colors, sadly the poor lighting wasn't able to convey the actual difference.

Alright gents, so I went back to BladeHQ on my way into work today to see what fate and self control had in store for me. Although, I did make one fatal error upon entering the store, I asked to see the SR1 Ti in Violet to compare to the SR2 Ti Violet. Huge Mistake! The Violet on the SR1 that they just got back in stock with this order was the awesome vibrant color that I had hoped it would be. There was a clear difference in the Violets between the two knives as the SR2 violet is quite a bit more subdued.

So there I was clenching my teeth and trying to decide between the two knives, the SR1 with everything that I wanted, and the SR2 with a more realistic and usable size. I work in an office environment so 4 out of 5 business days I'm forced to wear slacks and khakis and so forth. If I was able to wear jeans daily, it would have been absolutely no contest between the two, I would have picked the SR1. But again with the whole office slave and slacks in mind I asked the guy working the counter to hurry and ring me up for the SR2 before I did something stupid and walked out with both.

I was also fortunate to be able to view two different SR2's in Violet and chose the one with the earlier lock up. The awesome guy at the counter let me know that either, they only received 4 of the violet SR2's in stock initially, or they only had 4 left; I can't remember which one it was. But two of them sold yesterday. (Which means that time is short on availability).

I hope to take some better pictures tonight, but don't expect anything close to the quality of the previous pictures in this thread. I'll likely do a video as well, since I enjoy doing so, regardless of what everyone else wants. :D

Looks great!
Maybe I should have bought the violet one. DOH!

Is there any blade play in any position the blade happens to be in? Does the blade touch the Titanium slabs if moderately pushed or pulled to one side or the other in the closed position?

Is there any blade play in any position the blade happens to be in? Does the blade touch the Titanium slabs if moderately pushed or pulled to one side or the other in the closed position?

The SR1 & SR2 are pretty tight and no blade play. With the dual-sided pivot you can easily center the blade in case of issues.

Congrats. :thumbup:

I'm not around to pick up my SR2 Black Aluminum until Monday but curious to see how it compares to the SR1 Black Aluminum. I think it'll have better balance than the SR1 AL but still not as grippy at the titanium.

So I got mine, it's a nice knife. My only issue, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same. On the aluminium one, I'm have a really hard time pushing the lock over one handed. There just doesn't seem to be enough space milled out of the opposite side of the handle, or maybe not enough traction on the lock bar. If you're hands have any kind of moisture on them, best not even try with one hand. Anyone else feel the same about it?

I'm considering milling out the opposite side of the handle more, kind of like a sebenza, so you can really get in there to push the lock. I'd have to get it reannodized something cool after that though.

Btw, I tried to take a pic of the SR1 and the SR2 to show the difference in colors, sadly the poor lighting wasn't able to convey the actual difference.

Man, you really are making me second guess getting the Al. I think your Ti looks really knice! Great score!

So I got mine, it's a nice knife. My only issue, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same. On the aluminium one, I'm have a really hard time pushing the lock over one handed. There just doesn't seem to be enough space milled out of the opposite side of the handle, or maybe not enough traction on the lock bar. If you're hands have any kind of moisture on them, best not even try with one hand. Anyone else feel the same about it?

I'm considering milling out the opposite side of the handle more, kind of like a sebenza, so you can really get in there to push the lock. I'd have to get it reannodized something cool after that though.

Most start tight everywhere. It'll loosen up in time with open/close cycles. Also, try pushing directly forward with your thumb and then away from the lock. You get more traction that way.

I just ordered one of these, in red aluminum. :) I usually like smaller blades, but found it hard to resist this one.

Is anyone carrying one of these? It looks (roughly) to be about the size of a Sage 2. How does it feel in-pocket?

I just ordered one of these, in red aluminum. :) I usually like smaller blades, but found it hard to resist this one.

Is anyone carrying one of these? It looks (roughly) to be about the size of a Sage 2. How does it feel in-pocket?

I've been carrying mine all day today, feels great in pocket. The SR2 is exactly the same size as my delica.

I want an SR2 AL orange as an EDC. How does the anodizing wear? I am sure after a few months it would look bad. Therefore I hesitate because I do not need another safe queen. BTW I have a gray SR1 TI. love it and carry it. Would the TI SR2 carry better in terms of finish durability?

I want an SR2 AL orange as an EDC. How does the anodizing wear? I am sure after a few months it would look bad. Therefore I hesitate because I do not need another safe queen. BTW I have a gray SR1 TI. love it and carry it. Would the TI SR2 carry better in terms of finish durability?

I never carried my SR1 TI or AL much due to size. Do carry my TiSpine in Ti Gray and other than the times I made a mistake of carrying some other metallic objects in the same pocket it still looks great. You have to look at it very closely to see scratches especially the one big scratch on the spine of the handle. The ridges help make them disappear. With the SR2 TI Gray I carry it in my change pocket so it's not seeing any wear at all. I'll start carrying my SR2 AL Black when I get a chance to pick it up on Monday.

So I finally got around to taking some pictures! So first let my apologize for posting so many, secondly I decided to mess around with the frames on Photobucket so sorry for the inconsistency there as well. But here you are none the less:

Finally here is a shout out to Mr-No, it's not quite a Sinn, but it compliments my Violet SR2 nicely. ;) Also, as you can tell by the power reserve, I did not wear that watch today.

I made a YouTube video where I mumble a bit and go on for a while. I'll link that once it's done uploading as well. Overkill? Yes.

Can folks tell me if it's a full four finger grip?

I have mediums size hands, but have low body fat, so my fingers aren't pudgy. Its a full four finger grip for me.

This is a wonderful handle.

Video link, if you really want to:

[video=youtube_share;Sc1Smz05NH8]http://youtu.be/Sc1Smz05NH8[/video]

Back