Lionsteel - SR 2

I hope some more of these will show up on the exchange. I'd buy one from blade hq if they accepted paypal.

The SR2 is one of those knives I absolutely need.

I really love my SR2 aluminum: the blade is a grail for those who prefer wide blades. The size is just great for pocket-EDCing. And the looks are to die for. Really, you see, you want.

But need?

I'm not sure what kind of cutting the SR series is aimed at. I have plenty of knives I'd rather use to tear up boxes. There are surely thinner blades that are better slicers. Stabbing? Hardly.

I'm trying to envision a situation where that tiny glass breaker would come in handy. The roto lock seems superfluous -- these are sturdy frame locks. Just wait until you start closing the lock to break it in. As for the steel, I'd just as soon have stainless and never have to worry about protecting it from the elements.

So, need -- no. But would I want to do without -- definitely not. This thing scores a 10-plus on aesthetics. I'm already trying to figure out how I can afford the all titanium version.

The best thing it has going for it is looks.. it really is a great looking blade. But I think Flash900 summed up lots of the things about the knife that would keep me from dropping that kind of coin for one. I like to use my knives and all the extras on the knife don't really add any functional value to it for me. Biggest knock would be the slippery aluminum handles. If they could find a way to add some grip to the anodizing like on the BM940s, I may consider, and I'm not moving up to the Ti version, I'd get a Small Sebenza at the price point. I dig the looks, and size (maybe could be a touch lighter) but that won't do it alone for me, it will have to very functional for that price. Just my .02. Get it down to the $120-130 range and I may try one out.

Sogflash, check into Knifeworks they are on this site and take pp.

Sogflash, check into Knifeworks they are on this site and take pp.

KnifeWorks.com does not take PayPal:

Paypal Update

Due to Paypal's Strict policy on knives and other security products, we have permanently removed Paypal off our website as a payment option for purchases.

Any of You know if will be made also a damascus version, as for SR1? I'd really like:rolleyes:...

Any of You know if will be made also a damascus version, as for SR1? I'd really like:rolleyes:...

We will introduce this version in 2014 catalogue..... Chad Nichols is making the damascus for it in these days.

We will introduce this version in 2014 catalogue..... Chad Nichols is making the damascus for it in these days.
Thank You very much.
And thank You very much also for the box of my SR1 Damascus, You sent me 2 weeks ago:) I've much appreciated! You are a real gentleman.
Ciro Santoro

Gianni, thank you for sending me a ti SR2 that, as requested, opens AND closes smoothly.

Very little break-in needed.

That was one of the very few issues I found with my aluminum SR2 before break-in.

RamZar, I know those three knives aren't the only ones you have, but if I had them I wouldn't want any others, SWEET!

RamZar, I know those three knives aren't the only ones you have, but if I had them I wouldn't want any others, SWEET!

If there was a TiSpine with a 3" blade I'd carry that more often than any due to 3" blade length limit here and the very slim, thin and narrow profile of the TiSpine.

Okay .... I know that this thread started quite some time ago. However, I have been waiting patiently for what seems like forever to get my hands on an SR2 Damascus. Well, "patiently" might not be quite accurate. I've been pulling my hair out waiting for the SR2 Lizard pattern to start showing up here in the States. FINALLY, found some in stock and ordered one. It arrived today and I am very pleased. Wasn't sure how I would feel about the size of the SR2 and didn't want to buy one just to find out (since I am happy with my SR1s). Was determined to hold out for the Damascus bladed model I wanted. Here she is ...

SR2Liz11.jpg

SR2Liz7.jpg

SR2Liz8.jpg

And here she is with her big brother, the SR1 Raindrop

SR1SR2Dam1.jpg

Anyone with a set of calipers and an SR2, could you check thickness behind the edge and then halfway up on the grind?

Thanks in advance.

The one I just posted in Lizard Damascus is .033" behind the edge and .112" halfway up. I am sure there are slight variations, knife to knife.

I get the same 0.033" behind the edge on the Sleipner. Half way up the grind can be anywhere from 0.06" to 0.108 depending on how close you are to the tip.

Last edited:
Back