LionSteel TiSpine Matt Bronze review

Hello,

I have purchased my matt bronze LionSteel TiSpine in June. It has been part of my edc rotation for the last six months and it has been used regularly. I am impressed with the quality of this knife! As there are only a few reviews of this knife, I felt it was a good idea to share my impressions with you.

1) The blade: I was not familiar with ELMAX steel, but this steel has definately impressed me. It takes a super sharp polished edge and holds it for a long time. One point of criticism: the blade came rather dull and appeared to be sharpened at an obtuse angle in the factory. I reprofiled it to +/- 12,5 degrees per side on a whetstone and I added a 20 degrees per side microbevel with the Spyderco Sharpmaker.

2) The handle: The titanium handle resist well to scratches. I have carried the knife loose in my pocket for weeks and I am yet to see any serious scratches. The handle shape is fairly neutral and allows for many different grips. The handle gives a very solid feel because it is milled from one single piece of titanium.

3) Fit and finish: This folder had zero bladeplay! The blade is perfectly centered in the handle.

4) Dimensions: it is a medium sized knife in my opinion. Because of the slim profile and the low rider clip this knife dissapears in your pocket.

5) Opening / closing action: initially the TiSpine was difficult to open one handed. The knife has broken in now and I have improved my technique. Now I can open it one handed.

Finally I would like to add that I doubted between the CR Sebenza and the LionSteel TiSpine before buying this knife. Finally I opted for the TiSpine because in Europe this knife was significantly cheaper then a Sebenza. I don't want to compare the two, but I am definately happy with my purchase!

A couple of pictures to go along this review:

w9wner.jpg

2djpgyf.jpg

9h8j9z.jpg

2lx8c46.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my review.
Regards,
Davy

Good review. There was the same poorly-done factory edge on mine, but otherwise I love it.

Last edited:
I have the matt purple TiSpine and its comfortably my favourite LionSteel.

Awesome build quality and ergonomically very nice to handle :thumbup:

I think you guys mean matte, not matt. Great review. I had an SR-1 but returned it because I could not open it one-handed. Guess I should have broken it in.

This is a knife I want to try. It seems to be what I like. Thank you for the review.

I always thought this knife looked very classy, but the lockbar cutout has too wide of a gap (or so it seems).

I think you guys mean matte, not matt. Great review. I had an SR-1 but returned it because I could not open it one-handed. Guess I should have broken it in.

No I meant matt. Matte is a little French, which I am not :p

You should have persevered with the SR-1 - they open one handed, as do SR-2's and the TiSpine, without any need for adjustment - just some initial break-in.

Back