Lionsteel Warranty Repair Shipping Costs

Has anyone shipped a Lionsteel Knife back to them in Italy from the US? What did it cost? Trying to get an estimate online and it looks like around $100 shipping to get it there. Not worth it for a $80 Daghetta.

There are several things wrong with the knife...

1.) The tang of the blade blade is not centered where it engages the main spring when locked open. This causes a big space between the blade and the scales that allow dirt and grime into the pivot points making opening the knife very difficult if not impossible sometimes.

2.) The thumb studs are loose which has caused some gouges in the handle scales and further escalates the difficulty in opening the knife.

3.) 2 of the 6 screws that hold the scales on the knife have fallen out and cannot be put back in because they are so short that they do not engage the threads. They were just held in place with blue locktite.

4.) There are some rather large gaps along the main spring that also allow for dirt to get in to them making the knife difficult to operate. They are so large you can see light through them.

All-in-all with this being my first experience with Lionsteel I am less than impressed. I was looking in to getting an M1 or M2 for field dressing small to mid sized game...but I am thinking that I may just go back to something made here in the US to avoid all this international shipping garbage if/when I am in need of warranty work.

Take another look at your shipping estimates...I’ve never spent more than $25-$27 shipping USPS International Priority with packages going to Czech Republic, Russia , Japan , England , Sweden and Poland

Just double checked priority padded envelope $34 first class$24

Last edited:
"All costs associated with shipping to returned product are the responsibility of the customer."
I still can not figure out why a customer has to pay for the manufacturer's mistakes. We have already paid the price once and expect a quality product. The manufacturer has quality control for which he pays. Where is his responsibility if someone else pays for his mistakes.This clause rebuff me from the company's products. I think this is not fair.

You have to consider that consumer protection laws differ a bit from US standards. Over here in Europe its first and foremost the sellers obligation to deliver a flawless product to his customer. If there is a defect in the product, its the sellers obligation to take it back, not the producers obligation. The producer may be responsible to take it back from the seller but thats a different story and not a matter for the customer.

Nevertheless, you should contact Lionsteel directly via Mail. From my experience, they have a great customer service. Some years ago I wanted a set of olive wood handle scales for my Black G10 M5 (just different handles, no replacement). They replied to my request within hours (!) and send me the scales for 20 EUR. They could have told me to just buy the olive wood M5 for 150 EUR but no, they just sold me the extra scales for my G10 M5. Imagine that with Benchmade or ZT, selling parts/scales - unthinkable! I contacted Benchmade twice for dymondwood scales for my G10 Crooked River, didnt even get a reply...

Back