Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on_the_edge

Gold Member
The Busse FS sub-forum...as of this morning, he has 4 separate threads peddling in excess of 150 items, all on the first page alone. How much is enough? Is there such a thing as too much?

Several weeks ago, Spark instituted a new rule on BFC about keyword spamming. As far as I can tell, the rule came about as the direct result of Liu Kang's propensity to list nearly every knife for sale by name in every FS thread he started so as to essentially monopolize results returned when using the BFC search function. In other words, regardless of the search term, if you put in a Busse-related term, Liu Kang would have an inordinately high number of returned results, NOT because he was the only person selling a particular knife, but because he was spamming the search term itself. Is having four threads with over 150 items for sale just another variation on spamming, especially when he is a dealer (as defined by BFC) listing knives in the FS by Individuals sub-forum?

Please discuss rationally. Mods, please DO hand out infractions at will for trolling. Let's keep this thread on track.

I noticed that last night,I was having a hard time finding an active thread that wasn't his.

I think enough is enough. The rules have already been contoured to accommodate him(ability to sell in individual), yet it still is never enough for him. Id bet If he had it his way, he would create individual threads and bump everyone off the main page like he did back in the day until he got told to stop. He has no concern for anyone other than his potential buyers(and he doesnt truly care for them either). His lack of concern for others and their justified opinions is getting pretty old.

Please discuss rationally. Mods, please DO hand out infractions at will for trolling. Let's keep this thread on track.

Discuss rationally all you like.

Do NOT post anything of the sort in his sales threads.

Unless you post these questions for Spark in Tech Support, you are just entertaining yourselves here, with no effect on policy, or on what LK is doing.

TOO Much -- when admins have to modify rules because of a single individual's sales/spamming -- it is WAY TOO much -- and, using proxy buyers to acquire better odds at lotteries & using proxies to buy knives unavailable to dealers & price gouging novice buyers are all behaviors which are detrimental to our community; and he profits from the damage he causes to our community – he even brags about how he profits from this dishonorable behavior –NOT cool

TOO Much -- when admins have to modify rules because of a single individual's sales/spamming -- it is WAY TOO much -- and, using proxy buyers to acquire better odds at lotteries & using proxies to buy knives unavailable to dealers & price gouging novice buyers are all behaviors which are detrimental to our community; and he profits from the damage he causes to our community – he even brags about how he profits from this dishonorable behavior –NOT cool

Great post.

Did anyone notice that I'm not posting any more threads then usual but everyone else is posting less. This is because not as many people are going online and/or posting knives for sale. This has nothing to do with me. The first page goes back four days...

Did anyone notice that I'm not posting any more threads then usual but everyone else is posting less. This is because not as many people are going online and/or posting knives for sale. This has nothing to do with me. The first page goes back four days...

"This is because"

Oh yeah? Interesting choice of words.

Well by all means, be an opportunist, wouldnt expect much less.

Then let's go back 5 days. Since 8/17 you have 7 active threads and 1 closed thread in the Busse sub-forum alone. In those 7 threads, you have approximately 215 items for sale. Nobody else has more than 2 active threads.

What can't you put all your stuff in a single thread and bump it periodically, rather than systematically rotate through them so you are always crowding the first (and second) page of the FS forum?

Then let's go back 5 days. Since 8/17 you have 7 active threads and 1 closed thread in the Busse sub-forum alone. In those 7 threads, you have approximately 215 items for sale. Nobody else has more than 2 active threads.

What can't you put all your stuff in a single thread and bump it periodically, rather than systematically rotate through them so you are always crowding the first (and second) page of the FS forum?

That's an easy answer, because of the length of the thread is very long to begin with and with all the pictures, I have, it will lock up a lot of people's computer and they can't view my thread. Many people have told me this. Another reason is because when Spark changed it to the no bumping rule, he said to break up the threads into smaller ones. Now we have all see some people put one knife in one post and do that five times in a row... but nobody complained about that. Come on, we all know I have more Busse no matter how you look at it, so it's going to take up room, I'm following all the rules just like everyone else. I have more knife in one of my post then anyone else.

That's an easy answer, because of the length of the thread is very long to begin with and with all the pictures, I have, it will lock up a lot of people's computer and they can't view my thread. Many people have told me this.

That is not this forum's issue, but rather an issue for the viewer. If the viewer's computer is incapable of handling all those pics, that just isn't Spark's problem. And it should not then become the problem of the membership here.

Another reason is because when Spark changed it to the no bumping rule, he said to break up the threads into smaller ones. Now we have all see some people put one knife in one post and do that five times in a row... but nobody complained about that.

Actually, Section 3(15) states: "Consolidate your sales listings. Do not list single items in separate threads."

Where has Spark said to break up your FS threads into smaller ones?

Look, I did not start this thread to debate the issue with you. I started it to ask Spark and the membership whether they thought your extremely frequent posts and their voluminous content in the Busse FS by individuals sub-forum in fact constitutes a form of spamming. I think it does. I am interested to hear what Spark and the good members of this community think as well. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I don't think so. I hear a lot of folks say "enough" but I never hear anyone else say, "Gee, what this place really needs are more FS threads by Liu Kang." My .02.

Dealers should be confined to the dealers section period!!!! If they outgrow the dealers section they should be forced to buy ads from Spark period. Spark is in the knife business as well and he keeps it separate from the forums because he has class period. If you call yourself a dealer but dont have a business license and pay taxes you arent a dealer you are a crook period.

Last edited:
+1 to being sick of having to sort through all of LKs posts when searching ANY Busse on BF or looking at the Busse for sale forum. Spam spam spam, spa spa spa spam!

If you "have more Busse than anybody" then you need to pay for your own separate DEALER section. Since you have the most, that means you wear the big pants, right? Why would you want to be in the same section as all of us lowlifes that don't have as much Infi as you?

This is the second or third thread complaining about you in the last week or so. Keep on thinking you're special, pretty soon no one will want to pay anything for that mountain on Infi you're sitting on.

Plus 1 on him staying in the dealer section.With as many knives as he has listed I would think he would do better with his own website.I as a service provider I have to post in the forum set up for those things.If I posted lanyards in the Gadgets and Gear individual forum it would be moved.

Spark has already clearly defined what a dealer is for purposes of this forum:

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - A dealer is defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc.
(Emphasis added)

Liu Kang, or anyone else for that matter, can debate whether he is a dealer or not until the cows come home. But Spark does not say, "If you are an authorized dealer according to the owner of the company whose knives you re-sell...". It simply says, if you buy with the intent to resell, then you are a dealer--no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

So what is the harm of restricting Liu Kang's thread to the FS by dealers sub-forum? Would Jerry leave BFC because Spark wanted to apply the rules equally and fairly to everyone? :confused:

It just makes no sense. If I want to buy a car and get inundated with makes, models, options, etc. etc., then I will go to a dealership. But if I know what I want and don't want to deal with all the headache and info overload, then I will look at private party sales. Duh! :rolleyes: But here, I can't even get away from all the LK threads in the Busse X.

Trust me--if I could truly make his threads invisible (not just the text, but the whole thread), I would have done so long ago.

Is there not a nice little piece of software that could fix this whole thing?
When you add someone to your ignore list threads from that person will not show at all to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back