LM Supertool too tight

My LM supertool is too tight. Well i could oill it but never like oil in my multitool coz i dont want to get oilly hands or fingers evertime i use it. And with oil dust and "stuff" tend to stick to it. Any other idea how am i suppose to deal with this problem?

It will loosen up with use. I remember hearing somewhere that toothpaste will loosen the joints but I've never tried it.

Mine was pretty tight too when it was new. But with use it has gotten to where it is smooth and easy to open. Just use it, it will work in. I do lube mine with oil once in a while, use CLP. Just wipe off any excess and it's good to go.
Bob

I use powdered graphite, the kind recommended for locks, on my LM. Just a little goes a long way.

You could always use Tuf-Glide, too. The liquid carrier evaporates to leave a dry lubricant. If it's just too cottonpickin' tight and won't loosen up, send it back to Leatherman. Their warranty service is first rate.

~Z~

My original Leatherman was like that so I opened and closed it at least 100 times with a bit of oil in the joint, that will do it .

Back