1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lock up on Inkosi

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by fivesense, Mar 18, 2019.

1. fivesense

fivesense

Jun 5, 2017
    [​IMG] My local knife shop "sensei" noticed my large Inkosi was locking up late, at roughly 100%. Having the good fortune of living near the CRK factory, I stopped in for an evaluation.

Tres took care of business on the spot, adjusting the tension and adding some appropriate loctite.

The explanation was that because of the ceramic ball, Inkosi appears to lock up later in comparison to Sebenza. So instead of 50%, it's more like 75% on Inkosi. I'm sure this is not news to many fans of CRK, but it was to me!

Now my Inkosi action is buttery smooth. Thank you, CRK!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Lone_Wolfe, bart1, Lady1911 and 3 others like this.
  2. fivesense

fivesense

Jun 5, 2017
    Does anyone else have "late" lock up on their Inkosi?

3. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    I wouldn’t worry about it. It isn’t uncommon for crks to have abit later lockup. The inkosis ceramic detent/lockbar tip against the steel lockface of the blade isn’t going to wear out any time soon.

Look at where the tip of the ceramic ball is touching the tang lockface. That tip points to the lockup percentage.

fivesense likes this.