Lone Star Knife Expo, Dallas, next weekend

Jason Fry

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Lone Star Knife Expo, March 24/25, Market Hall, Dallas. 60+ knifemakers, plus suppliers. Demos and classes, and a Blade Sports competition.
lonestarknifeexpo-e1520261181952.jpg

Events schedule:
Saturday
8:30- Bladesports safety mtg
9:30- BS men's qualifying
10:30- Intro to Custom Knives- Jason Fry
11:30- BS women's comp
1:30- Forging Demo- Ray Kirk
2:30- BS men's qualifying

Sunday
10:00 BS safety mtg
10:30- Fit and Finish- Bob Ohlemann
11:00- BS men's championship
1:30- TKG Annual Meeting
2:30- National Knife Organizations- Jerry Moen and Harvey Dean

The TKG is an educational nonprofit, and we've worked hard to bring high quality seminars to this event. Note that all of the speakers are either voting members of the Knifemakers' Guild or ABS Mastersmiths.

I will bump this thread with some photos of knives I will have available on my table this weekend. Come on out to this show!

By far, the most intricate knife I've built to date! Number one of an all new model. No visible screws on the scales; assembles from the inside. Joe Burke laddeded W's Damascus and incredible engraving by Jake Newell.
20180321_125304-01 by Bob, on Flickr

Ohlemann_180217C small by Bob, on Flickr

Acid etched copper, mammoth and Joe Burke damascus!
Ohlemann_180217 small by Bob, on Flickr

Beautiful work, Bob. I'll have two outside-the-box pieces relative to my regular stuff.
Civil War Georgia Army style artillery sword. 25 inches overall.
cca4958c4e3c46804b3f2d3f65956c96.jpg

Frame handled Damascus hunter. This is my second ever billet of Damascus.
IMG_3685-e1520260984694.jpg

Plans for having Chuck Ward shoot both of these. I've got a couple of paring knives, a few hunters, a small bowie also.

I was able to make it to the show and walk the tables. Some very nice knives available. Unfortunately I did not bring much $$$ so I did not come home with a knife.

That sword of Jason's was quite impressive. Hefty in the hand for sure.

Jantz and other material vendors were there as well. I am kicking myself for not picking up a small bar of steel to play with, or a piece of stabilized wood. Now I will have to pay for shipping if I want to attempt another knife here in the near future.

Thanks Bob for posting those.

BC, nice to meet you and a few other bladeforums folks as well.

Congratulations to all the winners. I was able to make it in on Sunday, talk to several people and see some great knives. Picked up a small auto from Bob Merz and added several things to my wish list. Great show.

Good to see you again, Wilson. I ended up selling that little engraved one you were looking at.

Congratulations to the winners. Some nice knives. Wilson how do you like your Merz auto? If I remember correctly, he's got kind of a unique mechanism.

Congratulations to the winners. Some nice knives. Wilson how do you like your Merz auto? If I remember correctly, he's got kind of a unique mechanism.
It is the only auto I have so I really can’t speak to the interior mechanism differing from others. This little auto just jumped out at me. Don’t have it with me at the moment or i would post a picture.

Back