• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Long Shot - Metal casting equipment

This is a centrifugal rubber mold casting set-up. This equipment is used extensively wherever pewter is cast for jewelry, and fine art pieces. Many one of a kind makers I met would use jewelry making processes in the same shop they did their smithing.

The set up has 3 components, a front loading centrifugal caster, a metal pot for heating molten metal (usually pewter) and a vulcanizing stand with amold frame for making circular molds using raw rubber blanks or different formulas of silicon rubber.

Pewter has a really nice subdued shine when it is polished. Some applications used by knife makers:

- Shields and other patterns set into the scales or handle etc.
- Hand carved or machine a pommel, make a mold and be able to do repeats of production runs of your favorite works of art…

I’ve had this equipment since 1995 and haven’t used it since 2015. I bought it new and used it only for two weeks every summer. Being up front, the caster will not completely cycle. I had it analyzed and it is fairly certain that the controller, which is a small box of programmable switches (much like used in fire control systems) has a fault. I am electrically impaired and don't have a clue, but it is very fixable by the right type of electrician and so I am going to let this go cheap.

Caster: Current market asks 5-6 k for this model with a lot more “miles” on them. New machine like this is 12-14k. Asking $2000.00

Metal Pot. Gas operated (propane) less than one year use since 1995. $1600.00

Vulcanizer. 30 ton. For curing molds. Since it is like new and very little use, it has perfect operation and alignment, unlike the usual beat-up ones that traditionally are seen in the market. $1950.00

This is pick-up only at my place in western Massachusetts.

Give me a shout by PM if you want to have a conversation about any aspect of this.

Caster2.jpgCaster1.jpgMetalPot1.jpgVulc2.jpgVulc3.jpgVulc4.jpg

Back