Longest ever BFC thread?

In the course of doing a search the other day, I ran across this monster of a post: Talonite Good, Bad or Ugly?

Whew! 412 replies! Four or five shifts off-topic and corrections back on course. I think I need a bumper sticker that says "I read the Talonite Good, Bad or Ugly? thread. Talonite rulz!" :D

Got me thinking, though - what's the longest ever thread here at BFC?

Matthew

It's probably that "Phantom of the Khukura" thread in the HI forum. That is a whopper and is still active.

Educated guess...

I would say the longest post had either "Mad Dog Knives," or "Sebenza," in the subject line somewhere.

IV

There once was an attempt to make the longest thread. As I recall, Mike shut it down at 1000 replies. Maybe I'm recalling the exact number wrong.

The Phantom thread is not only the longest, it's also one of the funniest, even without some of the pix, wavs, and animations. It's spun off some daughter threads, too, and something that got posted recently reminded me of one of them -- the poll thread Are Jim Clifton and Cougar Allen the only sane members of this forum?

That's an old thread but I think the poll is still open. Vote for me -- I'm as sane as a rabid wolverine!

Another frequently asked question is who has made the most posts. You'll find the answer in the Phantom thread or any thread in the HI forum: Bill Martino. As of now, 12:50am eastern time April 7th: 23282

No, as a matter of fact, I don't believe it either.

Back