Look What I Got...

A while back, I asked Todd if he would consider making me a little slicer/paring knife. Sort of like a longer, leaner Magua. He said that wouldn't be problem, but he wanted a picture. So with the aid of a beer or two, I sat down and drew something up, and sent it to IN.

In a shockingly short amount of time, he got back to me and said that it would be done shortly. I was stoked.:D

So, without further ado, here it is:

DSC03040.JPG

Next to the Magua.

DSC03041.JPG

Better size comparison, with the butts lined up.

DSC03044.JPG

Beside the Tradewater.

DSC03045.JPG

The current TM Hunt family.

DSC03047.JPG

I will post outside pics and gathered thoughts as time allows, just wanted to get some new pics up because it won't be that shiny for long.:D

Thanks for looking.

That's pretty slick, Coop. Thanks for the shot of it next to the Magua. I was having a hard time guessing the size based on the shots Todd posted on his social media page.

Very cool little knife. I was tempted to buy one on its twins, but already have too much ordered. Congrats on the design and having Todd make it a reality. Nice collection too, btw.

Thanks.

Very nice! Love that phenolic.

Thanks. I do too.

That's pretty slick, Coop. Thanks for the shot of it next to the Magua. I was having a hard time guessing the size based on the shots Todd posted on his social media page.

You're welcome. I figured it would be a good point of reference for many here.

Very cool little knife. I was tempted to buy one on its twins, but already have too much ordered. Congrats on the design and having Todd make it a reality. Nice collection too, btw.

Thanks Marty. The collection has been a few years in the making, and I'm not done yet. I was pretty tempted to buy one of its twins too.:D

Sick man. That looks like a slicey little beast.

Great looking knife, Coop! Nice collection too - very cool!

The second knife from the bottom looks very much like the RN9 in my signature - Mr. Hunt makes some very nice blades.

Thanks for the pictures - we have to get together sometime soon.

best

mqqn

Sick man. That looks like a slicey little beast.

Thanks W. I tried it out on some card baord a few minutes ago, and it is.:D

Great looking knife, Coop! Nice collection too - very cool!

The second knife from the bottom looks very much like the RN9 in my signature - Mr. Hunt makes some very nice blades.

Thanks for the pictures - we have to get together sometime soon.

best

mqqn

Thanks Andy. Yes we do.

Congratulations, you got one of the few knives from the shop that I've never been in the same room with. For those of you that have received pictures from me you know that this fortuitous.

Congratulations, you got one of the few knives from the shop that I've never been in the same room with. For those of you that have received pictures from me you know that this fortuitous.

F.o.r.t.u.i.t.o.u.s. Have to look that one up! :confused:

Does it also mean that he didn't have a chance to lick this one?

I heard Murph likes to lick knives. Sort of like a dog pissing on a fire hydrant.

Damn! That's a beaut! I love how it has a slight curve through it'seems whole length. It looks like a great tool.

They really where a neat set. I say set, because when I made Coopers I had enough material to make two, so I did. I sold the other one to a local lady that saw it on FB. She come by the shop to pic it up and I have to say her visit was a real pleasure. She was older, (probably in her 70's) and her hobby is restoring old cast skillets and collects old warners and griswalds. It just so happens I have a small collection of antique cast skillets myself. I showed them to her and she rattled of the years they where produced. She really knew her stuff. Had a blast with her visit. Even sent her home with a new project. Gave her a old warner skillet that my son used as a sling shot target. She claimed she could make it look new so I just gave it to her. I thought she was gonna hug me! :)

Back