Looking for a bowie knife

I agree M MtnHawk1 that the bowie is a fighting knife. There is a lot of history with the bowie and probably more tradition than history. I have generally leaned toward more versatile patterns than the bowie. But for knife knuts, owning a bowie is part of the deal. For me, the modern bowie is defined by Randall Knives. But of course, they're expensive.

Being that I would probably never use the knife other than fondle it, the Condor Undertaker fills that void if I need it filled.

Wow! I don't know much about fighting knives but the Randall 12-8" Bear Bowie above sure looks like one!

The Wild West Bowie

A04cf7O.jpg

Wow, a lot happened on this post when I wasn't looking! You people have some very fine knives! It took me a while to check every post and check out all the recommendations. The first thought that came to my mind was I need more money. I think I am going to go with the Respect and get a Buck 124 as well. I am also kicking around the Scagel Bowie as well. I saw a knife for sale here and if I can figure out the way to PM I am going to ask how much. It is a beautiful knife so probably out of my price range.

Thanks for everyone who contributed to this post.

Scagel style Bowie, 9" mirror polished cpm154 blade with elk antler handle and rattle snake inlaid sheath I made a few years ago, feel free to inquire about an order if you're interested.IMG_2334.jpg

That's a great looking knife. I am interested but I guess I can't PM you so how would I ask questions?

That's a great looking knife. I am interested but I guess I can't PM you so how would I ask questions?

You can also find my email address in my profile here on Blade Forums.

I am going to sell a couple of automatics and get a bowie knife. No reason, I just want a bowie knife. Since it is going to be the only one I have I am willing to spend a few bucks for it. After some poking around I came up with the SOG Super Bowie Fixed Blade SB1T-L - Black. Good choice, bad choice, or is there something better?

Thanx

I forgot about the Buck 916 Bowie. On their sight you can customize it however you want (not really but you can choose the handle). The elk turquoise is awesome looking.

https://www.buckknives.com/custom-knife/customizable-916-bowie-knife/CKS916/

23C449EE-FFBF-480A-B1F2-0DB994D431A4.jpeg Just don’t get a mini-Bowie. Linder makes nice long stainless Bowies.

just a point about buck 124 - I think it's overpriced, esp when you compare it to a 119 or even 120... not to mention, a 119/120 at least has a good clip point which is lacking on the 124

just a point about buck 124 - I think it's overpriced, esp when you compare it to a 119 or even 120... not to mention, a 119/120 at least has a good clip point which is lacking on the 124
It's full tang and can be purchased just over 100 bucks.

View attachment 1182493 Just don’t get a mini-Bowie. Linder makes nice long stainless Bowies.

Where did you buy your knife? I like it :thumbsup:. So at this point I am down to the Respect and, thanks to tiguy7, a Linder. I don't have the money to go real nice on a custom knife yet. I also feel compelled to stock up on some bullets while they are cheap and available. I can remember not so long ago a person couldn't find a .22cal round.

My guess is you don’t own one? It’s a lot nicer knife than a 120 or 119. Full tang micarta handle nicer sheath. IDK maybe it’s just me.

Last edited:
Where did you buy your knife? I like it :thumbsup:. So at this point I am down to the Respect and, thanks to tiguy7, a Linder. I don't have the money to go real nice on a custom knife yet. I also feel compelled to stock up on some bullets while they are cheap and available. I can remember not so long ago a person couldn't find a .22cal round.

It’s been a while, but I think I got that one on the bay. A search for Crocodile Knife might turn up something. The steel on this one is 440-A stainless (good for swamp work), and it has a great polish. It doubles as a Cricket bat.

Back