Looking for a classy fast gentlemans folder with 3.5-4'' blade <$200

Hello, I'm looking for a knife that will fit me in a bushiness type environment.

Must be...
- Fast (No nail nicks)
- 3.5-4 inch blade
- Classy
- Light
- Generally around or less than $200
- generally friendly to non-knife people

An example of this I can think of is the Al mar eagle ultra light.

AL1005UBK2.jpg

If you can go a little smaller on the blade length, there's a couple of nice CRKT Ken Onion designs that are pretty nice and have the ultra-smooth IKBS: the Ripple (3.25" blade) and the Eros (3".)

And there's always the Benchmade 94* series...

ETA: pics...

gent01.jpg

gent02.jpg

Last edited:
+1/2 to Ripple.

Why 1/2? Get the Ripple 2. Slightly smaller, and with the Sheeple, blade size seems to be a major factor.

Oh. Wait. You want a 3.5" to 4" blade....

+1 to Ripple....

The Mcusta Tactility looks awesome, though I have never sprung for one. You can get a San Mai blade that has a core of VG-10, or a straight VG-10 blade. Wood, Corian, Micarta are the handle choices, and the clip is attached such that it is a deep carry knife. Take a look at one if you get a chance.

Btw, all of this for around $150 for the damascus, and $120 for the VG-10 blade.

The Caly 3.5 is pretty classy and generally fits your requirements, though it may not be as non-knife people friendly as the BM 940.

The CRKT Mcginnis Summa is a great High Value Knife that I think would fit your criterion.

P6200031.jpg

If you could deal with .25" less blade the Kershaw speedform 2, would be my choice, also you get Elmax steel in a knife under $100.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned, it's definitely worth it to look in the direction of Mcusta...
(Also, if you're looking for a low-profile knife that will fit into a business environment you might consider going a bit smaller on blade length. 4" blade is pretty long, unless you're rather tall--or your business is such that a 4" blade is appropriate.)

Last edited:
Back