Looking for contact information for Hess Knifeworks

Hi,

I need to contact someone at Hess Knifeworks.

If this is an inappropriate request to post here, please let me know and/or remove it.

Some time ago I bought a Hess Tiburon.

I have never used it - just loved the look of it, so got me one. I think I bought it through DLT Trading, and once in a while I take the safe queens out to admire them. :)

However, I have noticed what looks (to me) like a crack in the blade of the Tiburon that runs from the knife edge vertically up about half way to the spine - and would like to contact someone at Hess knifeworks about it. I have no idea how it occurred or why, and was hoping that the guys at Hess would be able to help.

Does anyone have an email address that that they can PM me so that I can contact them? I'd like to send them some photos to see what they think.

It's a really nice knife, but I'd guess that a good twist/bend on the front of the blade will snap it completely off.

Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you.

ATB.

Joe.

PS Thought I'd add a link to the photos I took (FWIW) https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jip6cZHGJXudz3YL6

Last edited:
Their site no longer works and I read that they have their knives produced elsewhere now. I think your best bet is to contact who you purchased it from and see if they an get you in contact.

Contacting DLT seems to be the best advice.I hope Hess knifeworks are still in buisness, as it would be a loss without them.
I have the Tiburon and I really like it. Great value for money!

Regards
Mikael

Their site no longer works and I read that they have their knives produced elsewhere now. I think your best bet is to contact who you purchased it from and see if they an get you in contact.
Where did you read that?

"I have the Tiburon and I really like it."

Me too ... but using it is a non-starter right now.

"I have the Tiburon and I really like it."

Me too ... but using it is a non-starter right now.

I hope things will get sorted out for You.
Any news from DLT?

Another thing with Hess knives, the handles are thought to be short by some users.
That's because of the Marbles style alupommel. It is kind of "blocky" and I customised that by filing off the corners.
That gave more lenght for the hand and a rounded, softer feeling when using the knife.
I also shortened the guard, wich for me just got in the way.
IMAG0291-2.jpg
The sheath got a new place for the snap-on button, to still secure the knife in the sheath.

Regards
Mikael

Nice picture Mikael :) ... I see what you did with the pommel. Looks very neat.

DLT sent me a phone number :) - so will see if that leads me to locating an email address.

Quick update:

Called them and was told there website is currently down but their email address is - Dh0499@yahoo.com (seems a weird email address for Hess Knifeworks...)

However, with nothing to lose I sent them an email ... and immediately got back...

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to Dh0499@yahoo.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.

So that looks like a dead-end.

Perhaps they have gone in to liquidation or something. :(

You spoke to someone? Did you explain the issue? I’m confused. Did they ask you to send picture or something?

Hi. Nope. I simply asked them for an email address in order to contact them re: a hess tiburon knife. I tried to call them back but no-one was then picking up.... so there's not a lot I can do really.

Perhaps the number has been reassigned(Phone: (906) 428-1684 ?)

Last edited:
Try to call DLT again and ask if Hess is still in buisness and how do DLT contact Andy Hess for orders.

DLT told me that that is the number they call... so I'm a little 'confused'. Anyway, asked them to pass along my details the next time they call Mr Hess. Who knows, perhaps they will return my 'call'.

There's always hope :)

Doh! Never thought of the 'old' school way. Great point. I wonder if I have their address somewhere on the original box?

Back