Looking For Custom Bowie/Fighter

I've been looking for the perfect knife for quite some time, but I just can't find it, so I'm now looking into custom knives. What I am looking for, is a large (7-8") Bowie or fighting style knife, much like a Randall model 1, 14 or 16, or a Blackjack model 7. The thing I can't find, is I want a hot blued finish on the blade, to match my .44 Magnum. The perfect knife would also have "scale" type handle, with checkered wood scales, but I would be ok with stacked leather. For the guard and pommel I would like brass.

Who should I contact to make me such a knife? I'm wanting something that will be passed down, a working knife.

I know the blued finish will get warn, but I'm ok with that. The only knife I can find close to this is the SOG Recon and S1 Bowie, both of which I've owned, but I would like something made in the USA, and again, with wood scales if possible.

Thanks!

You will do better with this in Shop Talk forum where the knife makers hang out. The hot blued blade will not hold up long on a working knife. You would have a scratch pattern develop fairly quickly.

Fred

Back