Looking for design advice

weo, You dispayed a right hand sheath. Horizontal or degree horizontal carry always requires reverse thinking, and nearly always cross draw. Hence a right hand sheath will always function better on the left side of the body and a left hand sheath on the right. The same applies for inside the pocket carry with or without a clip.

I think it's a really cool looking sheath, especially the carving. We found the entire Game of Thrones series on sale some time ago, and have been watching it exclusively all the way up til season 8, when we found out why it was on sale. Fortunately, we found season 8 online recently, (in DVD!) and I'm looking forward to watching episode 4 it with my honey in the next half hour or so. Anyway, your carving reminds me of Game of Thrones, which I guess would have been a much faster way to say what I said. My bases are covered, I guess- although if you ask me to explain what it is about the carving that reminds me of the show, I might run into some trouble.

Anyway, I checked out your thread when you first posted it but I didn't feel particularly qualified to contribute at the time, and glad I didn't since you got top notch advice from top notch guys instead of some schlepper. But my dumbassery always finds a way to rise to the occasion, so despite the fact you already completed this project AND got yourself amazing advice, I'm going to tell you MY dumb idea. When I came back to this thread this time, I looked at your knife again and thought to myself that a wooden saya with a pocket clip would be cool.

Welp, time to get out the chips! Doodoo doodadoodoo!

I don't know the situation, so I realize I risk overstepping, but I do sincerely believe good can be taken out of anything...
Thanks, and nothing to trouble yourself about, David, and I agree. There's a reason for everything, and only true Masters can see and understand those reasons. As I re-read my comment, I realize that it could sound like 'woe-is-me' and that is far from the case.

You displayed a right hand sheath. Horizontal or degree horizontal carry always requires reverse thinking,
Thanks Paul. Here's another benefit to cutting a pattern out of an old cereal box (in addition to helping plan the pattern). Recognizing: "This is backwards from what I want...."

a wooden saya with a pocket clip would be cool.
Thanks for the compliments. And yes, that would be cool. I have yet to dip my toes into the waters of saya making, however.

Thanks, and nothing to trouble yourself about, David, and I agree. There's a reason for everything, and only true Masters can see and understand those reasons. As I re-read my comment, I realize that it could sound like 'woe-is-me' and that is far from the case.

Certainly, sir. And I guess it's more like "weo-is-me", right? ;)

Reactions: weo
And I guess it's more like "weo-is-me", right?
I suppose that's one way to look at it. But (touching on the metaphysical here, so I hope it's taken in the spirit intended and none are offended) I'd rather be able to say, "we-is-me". ;)

I speak only for myself on this, but I don't get offended when others express their viewpoints in a spirit of civil discussion. Given that I'm firmly in the monotheistic camp, not the pantheistic, I don't believe "we-is-me" to be true in a literal sense. Maybe in the sense that the common good ought not to hurt the individual, nor the individual the common good, or the sense that I should do unto others only as I would have them do unto me.

I speak only for myself on this, but I don't get offended when others express their viewpoints in a spirit of civil discussion.
It's too bad you can't speak for everyone.

firmly in the monotheistic camp, not the pantheistic
I didn't mean to imply one or the other. I was thinking more about treating/loving others as good/much as, if not more/better, than myself. Or, as you say, what's good for "we" is good for "me".

I was thinking more about treating/loving others as good/much as, if not more/better, than myself. Or, as you say, what's good for "we" is good for "me".

Well amen to that, then!

Good morning all. I hope everyone is still doing well. So after a couple of weeks, I'm fairly pleased with how this combo is working out.
what could be improved when doing so then fix it in the next
I'm wondering if there's a trick to burnishing the inside of the belt loop, or if it's just do more and a better job. I chucked a center punch in my drill.
20200614_100723.jpg

WEO, there are burnishing tools out there that will help. I have also used a piece of 3/4 oz, about 1/2 inch wide and used it like a shoe shine rag. Back and forth through the hole. rtmind/randy

there are burnishing tools out there that will help
Thanks, I have a couple, but not small enough to easily get into the ends.
I have also used a piece of 3/4 oz, about 1/2 inch wide and used it like a shoe shine rag.
I like this idea. I'm also thinking that clamping the outside part in a vice (protecting the leather, of course) would help with this.

Back