Looking for Framelock flipper knife

Hinderer XM 18 3" is the first thing that comes to mind...or maybe a Kershaw Groove?

I'm going to assume you want the most expensive thing possible, so I'll recommend the Direware Solo flipper. Only $600. Great deal.
Don't just take my word for it, though; keep looking! I'm sure you'll be able to find something that's even more money with a little effort.

http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives?openingSystem=76&lockType=79&bladeLength=150,151

Kershaw'll be your best bet when it comes to a mid-range flipper. Most of their blades are at the fairly arbitrary, (IMO,) length of 3.25", though, so if the 3" limit is because of legal concerns, then your choices from them will be much more limited. Look at the Buck Vantage Small, (2.5" blade,) too.

ETA: Changed the link to include the frame lock limitation, I can't believe I forgot about that. Moron.

Last edited:
Framelock flippers under $100, under 3" ( * = assisted )
Kershaw Cryo *
Buck Lux Avid
Kershaw Scallion/Leek/Chive (certain models are framelocks) *

That's all I could think of offhand. I almost suggested about a dozen more, but that 3" requirement killed all of them.

Framelock flippers under $100, under 3" ( * = assisted )
Kershaw Cryo *
Buck Lux Avid
Kershaw Scallion/Leek/Chive (certain models are framelocks) *

That's all I could think of offhand. I almost suggested about a dozen more, but that 3" requirement killed all of them.

Please just list them all regardless of the length.

If you can go over $100 by some the A.G. Russell Gentleman's Frame Lock comes to mind.
If not, check out the Kershaw OD-1, great little flipper knife, made in the USA, decent steel, frame lock, etc.
Kershaw Zing SS is also another smaller Flipper Frame Lock that fits your specifications, it's assisted.

If you can, I'd go for the Gentleman's Frame Lock. Under $100 though, the OD-1 is awesome. And it's well under $100.

Please just list them all regardless of the length.

Kershaw Junkyard Dog (there is a framelock version)
Inron MY803
Enlan EL-01
CRKT Ripple
CRKT Swindle
CRKT Ikoma Sampa
Kershaw Groove
Kershaw Shallot
ZT 0200 (if you shop around, you can find one at/under $100)
Kershaw Tyrade (out of production)
Kershaw OD-1

If you can go over $100 by some the A.G. Russell Gentleman's Frame Lock comes to mind.
If not, check out the Kershaw OD-1, great little flipper knife, made in the USA, decent steel, frame lock, etc.
Kershaw Zing SS is also another smaller Flipper Frame Lock that fits your specifications, it's assisted.

If you can, I'd go for the Gentleman's Frame Lock. Under $100 though, the OD-1 is awesome. And it's well under $100.

Where can the A.G. Russell Gentleman's Frame Lock be purchased?

AG Russell makes another framelock that sounds right up your alley.
It's full titanium, has a 3 inch blade exactly, and happens to be just under $100.
They call it the "Frame-lock Spear Point".

I really like the AG Russell Gentleman's framelock folder, however, I am a bit concerned about the quality and warranty. How are they?

Under or around $100 please :)

http://www.lazylizardgear.com/order-knives.html

- The Enlan and Ganzo flippers come from the same factory as the Sypderco Persistence; $20 will get you a lot of flipper. Including a $30 XM18 alike that would cost $150 if it came from Benchmade. (But the XM18 has a silly fan boi pleasing blade design that's optimized for stabbing, so I'd recommend something saner for actual use.)

Back