Recommendation? Looking for Grimsmo Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where to buy a Grimsmo Rask? I've been looking for one for a while, but I can't find them anywhere!

Thanks.

Go to a search engine.

Type "Grimsmo Rask for sale"

Try also "grmsmo rask price"

Scroll, click, repeat.

Well no shit lol, where on the internet. I've looked everywhere I know.

First, no swearing. This portion of the forum is family friendly.

Secondly, aside from various Instagram/Facebook mediums and of course this forum's for sale section, the only way to acquire this knife is through the Grimsmo lottery which you can sign up for on their website.

So we're clear on the verbage....when you "win" the lottery, you've only "won" the ability to buy the knife at quite the price tag.

Other than that, it is the aforementioned secondary market. Which tend to be few and far between.

Luckily for you, Grimsmo has been cranking out the knives lately. Likely trying to capitalize on the vanishing mark-up/artificial price bubble.

Good luck.

Do not hold your breath on the lottery. I won the lotto for the Norseman, but turned it down. In my rejection email I said if they had a Rask I would much prefer that. They responded that none of those would be made any time soon. Was not on their horizon is what I was led to believe. If they would open their books again I would jump on it day one. As for used, good luck there too. Only seen 1 for sale in 2 years myself. Granted I don’t look at all the social media possibilities. So, I have given up, moved on, and all but forgotten about it til something like one of these threads.

First, no swearing. This portion of the forum is family friendly.

Secondly, aside from various Instagram/Facebook mediums and of course this forum's for sale section, the only way to acquire this knife is through the Grimsmo lottery which you can sign up for on their website.

So we're clear on the verbiage....when you "win" the lottery, you've only "won" the ability to buy the knife at quite the price tag.

Other than that, it is the aforementioned secondary market, which tends to be few and far between.

Luckily for you, Grimsmo has been cranking out the knives lately. Likely trying to capitalize on the vanishing mark-up/artificial price bubble.

Good luck.

Awesome, thank you. I knew about the lotteries, and I'm on the list. However, it's rare to win those, and you might not get your favorite design. I'm quite picky.

I'm new to the forums, so I didn't know about the "family friendly" policy so thank you for correcting me on that. Also, since I'm new to the forums, I didn't know about the for sale forums so I'll check those out.

Thanks!

Do not hold your breath on the lottery. I won the lotto for the Norseman, but turned it down. In my rejection email I said if they had a Rask I would much prefer that. They responded that none of those would be made any time soon. Was not on their horizon is what I was led to believe. If they would open their books again I would jump on it day one. As for used, good luck there too. Only seen 1 for sale in 2 years myself. Granted I don’t look at all the social media possibilities. So, I have given up, moved on, and all but forgotten about it til something like one of these threads.

Yeah I know, I'm on the list. However, as you said I'm not holding my breath.

I have a Norseman, and I love it! Had an issue with lock slip but John fixed it by putting in a new blade for free. He said they had some problems with lock slip with some of their 12XX knives. You should check out Holt blades Spectre. They are relatively new, much cheaper, and I'm pretty close to picking one up as a substitute.

There was a post this weekend on the Grimsmo Buy/Sell/Trade group on Facebook mentioning Rask production being around 6 month out. Other than that, I've been seeing them go for 1.5x to 2x retail

I have a Norseman, and I love it! Had an issue with lock slip but John fixed it by putting in a new blade for free. He said they had some problems with lock slip with some of their 12XX knives. You should check out Holt blades Spectre. They are relatively new, much cheaper, and I'm pretty close to picking one up as a substitute.
If you can find a Holt Specter, I'd expect to pay significantly more than retail as well. They are beautiful as well.

Awesome, thank you. I knew about the lotteries, and I'm on the list. However, it's rare to win those, and you might not get your favorite design. I'm quite picky.

I'm new to the forums, so I didn't know about the "family friendly" policy so thank you for correcting me on that. Also, since I'm new to the forums, I didn't know about the for sale forums so I'll check those out.

Thanks!

No sweat man. Welcome to the forums.

Do a search for "rask" through the search function here...you can see just how few actually come up for sale...

I'm part of the Grimsmo knife group on Insta, I suggest you join that too. Not sure if there's a Facebook iteration, but I'm sure there is.

One of the guys in the group must have a monopoly on Rasks. He has literally a dozen and they're all drool worthy. Worth checking out.

Design wise, the Rask and the Holt both seem vaguely Shiro-esque to me. Far easier and cheaper to pick up a new or slightly used Shiro I would think. Although with this type of knife not being my thing, I may miss the subtleties that make them (very likely) very different.

Have you checked out Shirogorov?

Their action is legendary and the fit and finish is unmatched. I have owned pretty much every brand of production/mid tech knife as well as many customs....Shirogorov is easily one of if not the best.

Holt looks promising too. I've been watching their evolution...just saw one go for 500 straight from the maker on Insta yesterday.

Design wise, the Rask and the Holt both seem vaguely Shiro-esque to me. Far easier and cheaper to pick up a new or slightly used Shiro I would think. Although with this type of knife not being my thing, I may miss the subtleties that make them (very likely) very different.

Lol beat me to it.

Well I've won the lottery once but didn't pay for it after all. They are truely good at marketing. $1000 is the max amount that people wanna pay for a limitted production, and it is the point also where they can make the most profits. So if a product makes less profit than the Start product, with same labor hour and material costs, there is no need to keep it. In my opion, the rask line won't be back since they've already cut off their product line for more profits. In other words, Rask is no longer available unless they decided to launch another low price product which would cannibalize the market where the Norseman is.

Last edited:
Well I've won the lottery once but didn't pay for it after all. They are truely good at marketing. $1000 is the max amount that people wanna pay for a limitted production, and it is the point also where they can make the most profits. So if a product makes less profit than the Start product, with same labor hour and material costs, there is no need to keep it. In my opion, the rask line won't be back since they've already cut off their product line for more profits. In other words, they are no longer available unless they decided to launch another low price product which would cannibalize the market where the Norseman is.

I've been watching the bubble slowly begin to leak air...it wasn't but a few months ago that Norsemans were commanding $1k+ all day. Fast forward to today, you can find them in the $8-900 range regularly. I'd bet that they'll continue to fall in value until they plateau around $6-700.

Honestly, Grimsmo makes excellent knives, no doubt. What they've truly mastered, however, is marketing.

$1000 × 2000pcs....

The Rask is the hottest knife on the planet. Even rarer than the now-discontinued Holt Bladeworks Spector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back