Looking for information a recent knife acquisition

Good day, all.

I was in the local shop having a cigar and drinking some coffee. One of the regulars was showing a knife and stated that he was done with it. I commented on how nice a knife it was and he said: "it's yours"!

It's a Cattaraugus Meditteranean Barlow. It has a unique (to me) bolster lock. The knife is in great condition and razor-sharp. It has the designation: K.C.C. (which I believe means Knife Collectors Club).

Does anyone have any more information about this knife:

20190816_135041-X4.jpg

20190816_135209-X4.jpg

These were made by AG Russell.
Sometime in the past 10 years I believe, for the 135th anniversary or something I seem to recall.

Good day, all.

I was in the local shop having a cigar and drinking some coffee. One of the regulars was showing a knife and stated that he was done with it. I commented on how nice a knife it was and he said: "it's yours"!

It's a Cattaraugus Meditteranean Barlow. It has a unique (to me) bolster lock. The knife is in great condition and razor-sharp. It has the designation: K.C.C. (which I believe means Knife Collectors Club).

Does anyone have any more information about this knife:

20190816_135041-X4.jpg

20190816_135209-X4.jpg
Wow

These were made by AG Russell.
Sometime in the past 10 years I believe, for the 135th anniversary or something I seem to recall.

I don't think AG made folders 10 years ago. I believe folders were made by contractors. To me the knife looks like a Moki who is an AG supplier.

I don't think AG made folders 10 years ago. I believe folders were made by contractors. To me the knife looks like a Moki who is an AG supplier.

Good info, I didn't know when exactly they were made just that AG Russell was responsible.

Thanks for the info, guys. I talked to knife guy at the same shop. He believes that this knife was made my Moki knives and that Cattaraugus was a brand bought by A.G. Russell.

Looking at the condition, it looks less like he was “done with it” and more like he never started with it. Nice anecdote and a nice-looking knife.

There were scratches on the blade that I was able to polish out (you can see them in person, but they don't show up in pictures). I have known this guy for some time and he is a user of his knives (but he won't use them in ways they weren't designed to be used). But at the end of the day, I'm happy to have the knife.

Back