• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Looking for knife maker to help complete Leuku

Alright,

So I want a Leuku, and yesterday, I drew up my plans and feel like im happy with them.
Thing is, I don't have the space, experience or time to take this project on at the moment.

I will be providing all the materials except for the reindeer antler for the bolster and pommel. I haven't found pieces that I like yet. If you are ok ordering some yourself I trust your judgement. I have purchased a Puronvarsi 230mm blade, have the burl I want to use on the way, and I have the birch bark.

I can send photos of my sketch up, and even send the actual sketch with the materials I have so you have my drawing as a reference.

I would like the spare burl block you cut off back so I can use that on a puukko im working on if at all possible. I am willing to work with you on some aspects on the design (especially about how we should attach the tang), but Im hoping to keep it as close as possible to my specs. I specifically would like reindeer antler so that there is little to no core showing on the knife. I really want to avoid a nickel or brass bolster.

I will be making the sheath, so no need for leather work or anything

If youre interested in a quick handle project, reply to the thread and shoot me an email at Pacheco2759@gmail.com

Back