Looking for some scales for a Spyderco Shaman

Hi folks. Does anyone know where I could find a set of marble CF scales for the Shaman? I'd also be interested in a set of the OEM G10 scales since I screwed mine up. I sent messages to Shepard Custom Creations and RC Bladeworks, but would like to find some other sources.. Especially someone who stocks them.

Thanks!

It's a pity to read. I was thinking about getting a micarta scale for the southard, as they look really good on his site. But with all the bad experiences made by other bf members, I will have second thoughts on this.

Having a hard time figuring out the private message system here. Boomer, if you offer scales for the Shaman please message me. Thanks!

I'm going to disappoint you unfortunately. I do not have the CAM/CAD/G-code files to machine Shaman scales.

Try a fellow that goes by the handle 'suingab'at this web address... https://g10.lt

I believe I've seen a Shaman or two that he has rescaled...

Thanks for the reply Boomer. I’ve actually already contacted suingab but unfortunately he isnt currently making any Shaman scales, and doesn’t plan to make any. Shepardcc is a no go after getting the heads up here, Spyderco won’t sell me a replacement set (which is just crazy IMHO), and RC Bladeworks only does Micarta which I’m not a fan of. No luck on eBay or any other website either. :/ It’s starting to look like I’m just stuck with my damaged OEM scales for a while. I’ll keep an eye on eBay and hope a pair comes along.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Hi Rattlehead,

Welcome to our forum.

How are your G-10 scales damaged?

sal
Hi Sal,
Thanks for the welcome. I’m almost too ashamed to tell the story of how they got damaged, but here goes:

I received my brand new Shaman a little over a week ago and absolutely loved it, with one minor exception. I wasn’t fond of the little nub in front of the choil because it hit my finger when I closed the knife. So I thought to myself, no big deal.. I’ll just go out to my shop and grind off the nub with my grinding wheel. So, I got out there, pulled out the Shaman and realized I forgot my reading glasses. Like an idiot, I was too lazy to go back and get them and figured I could see well enough to get the job done. Big mistake. I ground off the little nub and thought everything went smoothly until I flipped the knife over and realized that I had let the grinding wheel chew into my scales and put a flat spot on my brand new blade. I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I should’ve taken the blade off before doing the modification, AND I should’ve went back and got my glasses. Lesson learned. I was able to fix the blade for the most part, but the G10 scales were beyond repair. So anyway, after kicking myself for a while I decided to contact Spyderco to order some more scales and all would be good. I got a reply back from a gentleman who informed me that Spyderco doesn’t sell replacement parts. He said I’d have to find some aftermarket scales. At first I had no luck finding anyone, but finally found a gentleman in Russia who will make me a set.

If I could figure out how to attach a picture here I’d post a pic of my idiocy so that everyone could get a good laugh.

{edit} Here's a pic:
shaman.jpg

Anyway, I love this knife design and will eventually receive the custom scales so all is good.

Last edited:
Fireside lists scales for the Shaman as coming soon. I recently received a set of their TeroTuf scales for one of my Para 3s and they're really nice.

Fireside lists scales for the Shaman as coming soon. I recently received a set of their TeroTuf scales for one of my Para 3s and they're really nice.
Hey P, How is the texture on the scales; smooth or a bit more grainy?

Hey P, How is the texture on the scales; smooth or a bit more grainy?
Sorry, just seeing this. Life's been keeping me busy so I haven't been on here as much lately. I happen to have that knife on me today. The only experience I have with Micarta is the Cruwear Shaman. The Terotuf feels softer (more clothlike?) than the Shaman which is what I wanted. I thought they'd feel harder for some reason. I put some mineral oil on them to darken them a little before I installed them. Not sure if that had anything to do with the texture or not. Either way I'm really happy with them. I have a set of navy blue ones on order for one of my Native 5s

BUxO0rsh.jpg

Hi folks. Does anyone know where I could find a set of marble CF scales for the Shaman? I'd also be interested in a set of the OEM G10 scales since I screwed mine up. I sent messages to Shepard Custom Creations and RC Bladeworks, but would like to find some other sources.. Especially someone who stocks them.

Thanks!

If you're still looking for marbled CF, Sharp Dressed Knives has some in stock.

Back