Looking for some video of shirogorov workshop

Hello like to now if are any video of shirogorov workshop because I keep seeing people talk that shiros are made in china or the parts are made in china I see few videos on YouTube of Cheburkov from Russia and they are not so well know like shiros but have video that proof everything is in house made in Russia some have to now something

I just ran into this thread by happenstance, L Leo777 , and will paste in this USN post by Tom, the Shiro rep over there. You may need a USN membership to view the link at 1.

icon1.png
Shirogorov Knives and China

I have decided to write this post as I recently came across a video published by a known knife reviewer. In the video, the said reviewer mentioned that our knives are made in China.

It so happens that I hear this rumor about once every 3-4 months, where I get a pm or an email from someone who have overheard someone claiming that we make our knives in China, got worried over this information, and contacted me to double-check. This post is aimed to alleviate those concerns and hopefully put an end to the false rumors.

I would like to officially state that we do not make our knives in China. We never have, and don't intend to, either. By 'do not' I mean that not only do we not order our knives to be made in China, we do not source any parts from there. Neither do we outsource any part of our production process to subcontractors at all. This by definition also implies that we do not outsource any subcontracting work to China (as we don't have subcontractors, period). Everything we make is produced in its entirety in our workshop in Yaroslavl. Deisign, CAD work, prototyping, grinding, CNC, heat treat, stonewashing, satin, polishing, making some smaller components (such as roller bearings), laser engraving, sharpening, assembly, fitment, finetuning, repairs, etc, you name it - everything is done in-house. With the exception of design of our collabs which are based on existing customs (though they are reworked by Sergey, the 'base' for these projects does not originate at the workshop - and we are fully open about that).

Concentration of all the production-related processes to one single location is done to ensure proper quality of our knives, and also the reason behind the fact that if you want work done on your Shirogorov knife you would need to send it in to our workshop in Yaroslavl.

We do source some components (what will become knife parts during the manufacturing process) internationally. We buy blade steels both from the US and Europe (but you knew that already; just look at the lineup of steels available in our folders). Some minor hardware is sourced from Germany. Quite a lot is made in-house from steel blanks. Our handle materials are predominantly procured locally in Russia - both titanium, G10, and CF.

Below I will be providing some links to media which contain pictures/video of the workshop. Neither of these was intended as any sort of proof that we actually make the knives and was not shot/filmed for that purpose. However, you will see an abundance of internal production processes, which is to attest that we, in fact, do not get our knives from somewhere just to slap a sticker on a box in Yaroslavl and send it onwards, but rather do everything locally.

1) A thread with our production process here on USN - link
2) 2017 recap on our website - link
3) Video footage filmed by a Russian news channel (Rossiya24) a few years back - link to downloadable video

To the aforementioned knife reviewer - if you are reading this, public correction of information from one of your videos that turned out to be erroenous is a sign of professionalism
;).gif

this post was made a couple of months ago with a different account, same questions, then started a whole debate on this. Trolling shiro owners, Use the search function

this post was made a couple of months ago with a different account, same questions, then started a whole debate on this. Trolling shiro owners, Use the search function
Not really clear what you're trying to say here. I was curious and searched back to July--found no other thread.

Some guy started a post about if shiro’s were actually made in Russia or China, other posters had links to videos in the workshop, but the guy kept asking what if the videos were made in China, so no matter what people said or linked, the question still remained, and it did made sense if you were looking at it from an objective point of view. But the thread was either removed or deleted, it just became a back and forth and not providing any real info, so why make another one when we know where its headed.

Some guy started a post about if shiro’s were actually made in Russia or China, other posters had links to videos in the workshop, but the guy kept asking what if the videos were made in China, so no matter what people said or linked, the question still remained, and it did made sense if you were looking at it from an objective point of view. But the thread was either removed or deleted, it just became a back and forth and not providing any real info, so why make another one when we know where its headed.
Some threads are just born to die at the hands of the mods, usually about the same time someone gets banned.

This thread has me worried!!!

I don't have any photos or videos that show my birth! How can I say I was not made in China? I mean I have baby photos to look at, that seem to be taken in the USA...and my parents are American.....and I don't look Chinese......and my parents assure me they have never been to China, but I know they have been to Japan multiple times.....how do I know I'm not from China?????

Bigfattyt Bigfattyt , do you have any siblings? As you're only allowed one child in China, chances are you're not from there if you do. Of course your parents could have had you there and your sibling(s) elsewhere. Or had multiple kids there on the sly. Or maybe taken you from someone that had multiple kids over there to save you or your sibling(s). Never mind--too many possibilities--you'll just never know....

Back