Looking for suggestion

Just sold manix 2 lightweight I've been carrying everyday since I bout it a couple months ago. Truly is a do it all knife. I simply need something smaller to carry in addition to a traditional. I've got it narrowed down to 4 knives looking for opinion.
1kershaw skyline
2 Kershaw dividend
3 para 3 lightweight
4 sage 5 lightweight.
Of these 4 which in your opinion is best suited to using for light duty jobs mostly with a medium duty jobs occasionally.
Right now I'm leaning to the skyline or one of the spydeecos.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, also reccomendation welcome . Looking for a really good slicer . Not gonna be used for batonning or anything like that. Thanks in ad

Of the four in your list, I only have the Para 3 LW. With the blade shape and the satisfying FFG, the Para 3 is a flawless slicer IMO. My unit has perfect lockup and blade centering, and I can’t be any happier than that. Specifically for lightweight discreet EDC, the Para 3 LW is absolutely my favorite. The Recon 1 is still my main girl, but that’s for a different topic.

I’ve also heard good things about the Sage 5, which I think essentially is a higher end Para 3. You probably can’t go wrong with either. :)

The para 3 is what I would pick out of that line up. Personally I think you should take a good look at the Hogue Deka. It will roughly fit in the same weight, and size category and I would pick it hands down over the rest in the line up. I have a para3 I just traded yesterday, had a skyline that I gave to a friend, and the Deka finds its way into my pocket very often. Especially around the house. Its super capable, a good slicer, lightweight and strong. Check it out!

The Dividend would be my choice if you are ok with assisted opening. The version with a composite blade looks fantastic if you can find one.
If pocket space is included in your smaller size requirements. That will eliminate the Spydercos. The width closed isn't that much smaller than a Manix2.
The Skyline is by far the least of your choices. It was always very over-hyped knife. Mainly because it's an inexpensive Kershaw that's made in the USA. Not a great slicer. It's a horrible flipper and if you carry tip up, way too much handle sticks out of your pocket. There are far better choices in it's price range that I would take over it. A number of them from the same brand. (CQC6K in D2, Natrix, Norad, Link, Dividend)

If you really liked the Manix but just want a downsized version, I'd say go with the the Sage, or consider the Native 5 which is even a bit lighter weight... They would be the closest thing in terms of ergo's to the Manix 2...

I don't see a significant decrease in size between the two Kershaws and Manix 2. They are admittedly cheaper.

Based on size, it's between the Para 3 LW and Sage 5 LW for me. The Sage 5 is also about $10 more then the Para 3 and you get a better blade steel. CTS BD1 vs S30V. The size of the Sage 5 might be a safer bet too.

Another option. Linked from BHQ for reference.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-Chaparral-Lightweight--77663
It might be too small tho.

Picked up a Kershaw fraction for the moment , seems to be a great little knife. Wish Kershaw would use kvt on all their knives. Gonna pick up a dividend soon. May get a sage 5 at some poimt

I really like the looks of it.nobody around close stocks one so I'll probably order one soon

Back