Looking for Traditional Knife for the Wife

Need a little help finding the right knife for the wife, I know she likes traditional style the most. Just having a hard time finding something the right size.

Looking for a single blade about 2.5” length. Lockback preferred but not a deal breaker. Case tribal lock but smaller would be perfect.

She likes pearl and patterns and bright colors.

Budget is under $100, just looking for something unique/not another plastic lockback.

Look at the Kershaw Fraxion; available in several colors; backside flipper with liner lock; about 2.6-2.7 inch blade.
Rich

They don’t make ‘em anymore, but the Buck 527 Treasury might interest you. This one is in Micarta, and they made them with a variety of woods as well. Looks like they’re still fairly easy to find, and at a reasonable price.

dqfgh0a.jpg

I don’t know the closed length of the top of my head, but it’s a pretty small knife. I’d guess around 2.5” closed. I can confirm later.

Case Cheetah. A lockback swing guard. Might be too big but it should come in around your price. Rough Rider version has 2 1/2” blade, 3 1/2” closed.

93B3B667-147E-4346-949A-0F70DBE9BC6A.jpeg 8D94F68D-81CA-4FA5-82EE-23608E7D5921.jpeg

Last edited:
Looked at all the case knives, teardrop is about the rights size. My wife didn’t like my spyderedge moki, going to keep an eye out for a more traditional moki as I wouldn’t mind one for myself. If I like it then it’s most likely a no go lol.

short list is
Case toothpick
Case teardrop

My girlfriend is always impressed over white or just off -white knives .. I think the recent unicorn ivory gec is her favorite knife of mine but she also likes the more ornate Moki knives with MOP.

I'll also recommend the Case Mini Copperlock. It's longer than you mentioned but it is super slim and a really fantastic knife. If you look around you can find a number of scale of options.

Take a look at the CASE Swayback Gent why don't you? Lot of scale options, cv or stainless (even damascus) Barehead or End Caps. Small but not toy like at all, a great pocket pal for all sorts of people.

Looked at all the case knives, teardrop is about the rights size. My wife didn’t like my spyderedge moki, going to keep an eye out for a more traditional moki as I wouldn’t mind one for myself. If I like it then it’s most likely a no go lol.

short list is
Case toothpick
Case teardrop
Between the toothpick and the teardrop, I think the toothpick is prettier. Is this a surprise, or can you show them to her to see which one she prefers?
When I asked my wife she chose two knives: a Case dark red peanut, and a small Case lockback with steel handle. I bought her both. And a Case medium stockman.

Either a 505 or a 503 from the Buck Custom Shop might be a good choice. They recently added Sunset Jigged Bone and Ruby Red Jigged Bone to the handle options. It can take up to 6 weeks to get one but the price is right around your limit and they are nice.

505 in Buckeye Burl. About 2 3/4 inches closed with a 1 7/8 inch blade. Probably a bit small for her.
IMG_5015.JPG

503 in Sunset Jigged Bone. About 3 3/8 inches closed with a 2 1/2 inch blade.
IMG_5181.JPG

These Boker Boy Scouts are nice and seem like they might fit your description but they are small and probably cost too much. Just tossing it out there because I'll bet she would really like this model.
IMG_4388.JPG

Case mini Copperlock (many different handle choices available)
Buck 503 (there are some SFO's available with different steel and handle choices)

Not a locking knife, but my wife re-allocated my Victorinox Alox Electrician (Pioneer variant) to her own use. She seems to really like it, and when she has misplaced it, my other Pioneer seems to become the replacement.

She uses the heck out of that knife. I am always having to touch it up or sharpen it.

For a locking option, the Case Mini Copperlock or a mid-sized Buck 50x series seems to fit the requirement, as others have mentioned.

Back