Looking for very tough knife!

Somebody should post some pictures and dimensions of one of those giant chitlangi bowies. Those might be the thickest and heaviest blades that HI makes, usually 52 oz. Or more. Smod may just be smitten. I know I want one.
No Problem! For your pleasure;)
VILLAGER FIT AND FINISH GIANT CHITLANGI BOWIE

Overall length --24''
Weight --52 oz
Spine thickness--3/8''
Steel guard
White metal bolster, buttcap and tip
Beautiful deep fuller on both sides of blade

94f8e151d3d674cdd0c7f908dbf7bdcf

3564e342d9b874ee64ecfc24c08014c2

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...at-Buys/page5?highlight=giant+chitlangi+bowie

If HI doesn't make them anymore than I think I will get a 18" or 20" CAK and order it extra thick. Aunty said they could maybe do it with 5/8 inch thickness.

Ronins grip thanks for the informative response! I think you are making me feel purchasing from HI is the right decision!

Ronins grip thanks for the informative response! I think you are making me feel purchasing from HI is the right decision!

You will not be disappointed. You will received one heck of a chunk of hand forged steel if you order one!!

If you google "himalayan imports khukuri review" you will get a ton of hits and they are overwhelmingly positive. I did a ton of research before I bought my first one four or so years ago and everybody kept saying "Get an HI" over and over. I was so curious that I bought one and the rest is history. It's hard to buy just one :)

Yep! Hope its happy now! Had a bit of sibling rivalry going on so we had to put some space between them. Besides...we got them beavers covered from two fronts now:eek:
Yep that GCB from Dog came my way just so ya know :D

lol pugs that was when I tried to buy it, he was getting some cash together for a purchase or trade from you :D

Once you get your hands on one of them GCB's ...well...you know what they say bout cold dead fingers!

they are basically sabers to me, very cool ones-- gotta wait for the kami to put a few more out !

You will not be disappointed. You will received one heck of a chunk of hand forged steel if you order one!!

If you google "himalayan imports khukuri review" you will get a ton of hits and they are overwhelmingly positive. I did a ton of research before I bought my first one four or so years ago and everybody kept saying "Get an HI" over and over. I was so curious that I bought one and the rest is history. It's hard to buy just one :)
What he said 2x^
3x^

My first Kuk from HI could easily be used as a Aircraft carrier's anchor. To bring this beast to the woods, I need a trailer and a 10 wheeler.
Fun to own, great for showing, but not exactly practical and certainly not safe to work with unless you are a NFL linebacker.

Back