Looking to buy a new knife soon, opinions requested.

Hey guys, once again, I’m getting ready to go knife shopping. My wife and I are planning on heading south this weekend and as usual, paying SMKW a little visit.
I have 3 days to weigh my options and am hoping BF will help me out with my decision. First of all my budget is around 130 dollars. I want a folding knife and the blade length to be between 3 and 4 inches.
I’m not really into traditional folders so I lean more toward tactical style knives. I plan on putting it in my carry rotation, so I want something durable that will hold up for a long time. I didn’t name any particular brands because I want to keep my options open and hear what you have to say. Any ideas and opinions are welcome. Thanks again.

Thankfully you can try all the knives in hand before you buy. That is huge. Without knowing more info like the others have posted, I'll toss out a few to look at....

Spyderco :Manix 2 w/ G10 or Manix 2 XL w/G10 if you have a big hand, Para 2 or 3.
Benchmade: Griptilian series, Bugout, and maybe the Mini Freek.
ZT: If you can increase your budget a few dollars, the entry ZTs start at $140. You might find a 909 at your budget.

The Manix 2 is one of my favorites of all time (assuming you don't have).

what do you currently have? or you dont mind duplicates?

Well, I ended up selling most of my collection due to financial difficulties. Thank God our situation is getting better. I’m trying to build my collection back up. To narrow it down a little, I’m not a big fan of the AXIS lock.

Somewhat off topic but the fiance and I are heading south to Pigeon Forge end of February. I've never been to SMKW but will visit when there.

Anyways, it's under your size requirement but my Bugout has pretty much replaced everything else in my rotation, including some real favorites of mine, PM2's, ZT's, Grip's. I simply can't find anything that I dislike about it yet......

Benchmade Adamas, really can’t find anything more durable that’s as easy to carry, lock, and deploy. Smooth pivot, brilliantly tough lock that’s super easy to use, tough and thick blade with a good all-around steel, deep-carry pocket clip, tactfully smooth scales, and a price range that makes it near your budget.

Sounds like a Cold Steel American Lawman might fit the bill. 3.5”, great steel (CTS-XHP), super strong lock, somewhat tactical and under your budget at around $100.

Thankfully you can try all the knives in hand before you buy. That is huge. Without knowing more info like the others have posted, I'll toss out a few to look at....

Spyderco :Manix 2 w/ G10 or Manix 2 XL w/G10 if you have a big hand, Para 2 or 3.
Benchmade: Griptilian series, Bugout, and maybe the Mini Freek.
ZT: If you can increase your budget a few dollars, the entry ZTs start at $140. You might find a 909 at your budget.

The Manix 2 is one of my favorites of all time (assuming you don't have).

I really like the looks of that 0909 and its on sale right now for 129.99. I hope it’s still there this Saturday.

Somewhat off topic but the fiance and I are heading south to Pigeon Forge end of February. I've never been to SMKW but will visit when there.

Anyways, it's under your size requirement but my Bugout has pretty much replaced everything else in my rotation, including some real favorites of mine, PM2's, ZT's, Grip's. I simply can't find anything that I dislike about it yet......

If you enjoy knives like I do, you’ll be like a kid in a candy store.

You can never be wrong with Spyderco: any version of PM2, Manix 2 S110 blurple, or Delica 4 zdp-189.

BTW, SMKW haD perhaps the lowest priced ZT 0909 and 0630, which unfirtunately had been sild out.

You can never be wrong with Spyderco: any version of PM2, Manix 2 S110 blurple, or Delica 4 zdp-189.

BTW, SMKW haD perhaps the lowest priced ZT 0909 and 0630, which unfirtunately had been sild out.

Well darn, I was hoping the 0909 would last till Saturday.

Sounds like a Cold Steel American Lawman might fit the bill. 3.5”, great steel (CTS-XHP), super strong lock, somewhat tactical and under your budget at around $100.

I like the looks of it. Gets great reviews too, I will definitely consider this one.

Back