Looks like Lynn Thompson started a new knife company "never unarmed'

Im guessing he's going to make the balis and autos in the same factory hes used in Tawain,id love to see what kind of autos he comes out with...

with never unamed,
sensei thompson
would be in his element.
more man hunting tools
than skinning knives
that's back to the roots
of the early days of cs.
hoping for attainable goods
as in affordably priced;
and then its all set
for the future, indeed !
200w_s.gif

Im guessing he's going to make the balis and autos in the same factory hes used in Tawain,id love to see what kind of autos he comes out with...
Unless he wants the same kind of trouble Spyderco got into with importing the Spyderfly he better have them made here in the US.

Unless he wants the same kind of trouble Spyderco got into with importing the Spyderfly he better have them made here in the US.

Was wondering about that too, but I think you can import the parts and assemble them here and be ok?

He said he has a facility in Arizona maybe they are being made there? But on the CS website it shows balis coming soon but no pics.How are they being imported?

Was wondering about that too, but I think you can import the parts and assemble them here and be ok?

nope. spyderco got caught for exactly that.

sucks, but is what it is until laws change.

I'd have to poke back but I think that's exactly what Spyderco did.

^yep you're right on the money there.

He said he has a facility in Arizona maybe they are being made there? But on the CS website it shows balis coming soon but no pics.How are they being imported?
My guess on the Arizona facility is that it's the same one that used to be the Arizona office of Cold Steel that handled the blow guns and stuff that was illegal in California...as far as I know just a warehouse.

Yup they sold those cs balis years ago out of that office,and maybe those griv ex balis too.Im sure theres going to be some neat offensive weapons coming out of there shortly.

Yes, I'm very confused by this.

IMG-1134.jpg

Why is it labeled "Cold Steel?" I noticed the placeholder spots for balisongs in the new 2021 Cold Steel lineup. Are the knives going to be sold under both brands? How will that work?

And how are S35VN steel balisong blades being made in Taiwan for sale in the U.S.? Importation restrictions are only one of the considerations that give me pause here.

Let's pretend for just a minute that Lynn managed to find some loophole to avoid the Spyderco butterfly knife parts importation debacle. Is it truly more cost-effective to have American steel exported to Taiwan to be blanked, ground, drilled, heat-treated, and labeled, and then to have the finished blades shipped back to America to be assembled into completed knives?! If so, the United States is doomed as a manufacturing entity.

However, I know that can't be the case when Kershaw can make its unbelievably well-constructed Lucha butterfly in America with a street price of $120. Cold Steel/Never Unarmed will have to bring a LOT to the table to make a balisong that's better than the Lucha. And a $330 Taiwanese butterfly--even one with a pocket clip--isn't going to do it.

Despite how great they look and how excited I am to see new balisongs again, for a host of reasons I sure hope those butterfly knives on Lynn's site are computer-generated prototype images and not photos of the actual knives.

-Steve

I thought Lynn Thompson was going to work with GSM but if he's just making a new company
It was said somewhere that Thompson will keep hunting spears and some other stuff for himself. So here it is. And the balisongs are CS, so I guess he's just going to sell some CS products on his website. Also those balis were on CS website already but without pictures, I guess it's them.

Aaand yeah, someone said that already. :)

Im sure there is a “No Compete” clause that will keep Lynn out of the core Cold Steel knife segments. But he’ll have plenty of opportunities to pursue.

Good news that Lynn isnt leaving the knife business. Frankly I don't gad if Lynn makes it or GSM makes it, I want a dad-gum Recon Scout! Shoulda got one when they were still being made by LT...

Back