looks like the Blue M390 Paramilitary 2 is about to be released

The compression lock is one of the best features IMO. This is one of the easiest to open and close one handed.....

....+1.

Takes a little getting used to, if you are new to the Comp Lock, but it will grow on you......it became my favorite type of lock in no time. :D

The compression lock is one of the best features IMO. This is one of the easiest to open and close one handed.....

As long as that one hand is the right hand. ;) The compression lock is one of the simplest, most reliable, strongest, most ingenious locks ever invented, but it is not among the most ambi-friendly. With the right hand, though, a breeze.

As long as that one hand is the right hand. ;) The compression lock is one of the simplest, most reliable, strongest, most ingenious locks ever invented, but it is not among the most ambi-friendly. With the right hand, though, a breeze.

Good point....

^ agreed.

I just got the email that I've been waiting for........my smurf Para has been shipped and should be here by Jan. 13, which means I'll hopefully get it on saturday, thanks to how the USPS system works around here. Really anxious for this one since it's my first sprint Para...very glad that I got in on that Orange Para sprint too. :D

I just put in my order for a Blue Jean Blue STR Low Rider clip to go with my Smurf and I do believe it will be my EDC everyday until I get the Orange one in April sometime:cool:

Got mine on Monday. It's the best PM2 I have so far (I've got a bunch too). The lock is perfect and after backing the pivot screw off just a hair the action is wonderful.

Just went to the mail and got mine! I can equate it to a religious experience. Pictures dont do it any justice. Even though the centering isnt perfect and the edge bevel was grinded on pretty crooked, it is by far the best PM2 ive ever had and you can feel the difference in your hand. I wont be putting this down for a long time. Now i cant wait till i get the STR clip....

Lefty here, I can use the compression lock with my left hand just as well as I can with my right hand. I think it's rather lefty friendly, actually.

Just went to the mail and got mine! I can equate it to a religious experience. Pictures dont do it any justice. Even though the centering isnt perfect and the edge bevel was grinded on pretty crooked, it is by far the best PM2 ive ever had and you can feel the difference in your hand. I wont be putting this down for a long time. Now i cant wait till i get the STR clip....

My Smurf killer came today as well. I love it! The G10 is super grippy as others have mentioned. Much more texture than my digicam P2. Super sharp and smooth action on the lock. It took a while to break in the lock on my digicam version, but this one is much smoother. Great job Spyderco!

My blue Para was a little off-centered as well. I was able to correct this using a method I read about on this forum: Try loosening all of the screws a bit. Stick a piece of cardboard between the scale and the blade so the blade is touching the opposite scale from the direction it leans toward. While the cardboard is still in place tighten down the screws. When you remove the cardboard the blade will usually center. It took me a few tries to get it there, but now it is dead centered. Give it a try and let us know if it works. It can be a little tricky but it usually helps.

Last edited:
Lefty here, I can use the compression lock with my left hand just as well as I can with my right hand. I think it's rather lefty friendly, actually.

+1

I'm a righty and have no problem operating the lock with my left thumb one handed.

Got mine in just now - perfect blade-centering, no play, absolutely flawless in every way (other than coming tip-down :D just kidding tip-down guys)

Mail lady came late today too so I had to wait a little longer. The last few minutes were the hardest :)

Just ordered mine from BBS, had some funds left over in paypal, will see how long it'll take to get in

Ordered mine...How many pieces will they run of this beauty?

The new shipments must be arriving. Ebay has multiple listings.

Now if only my Millie in M390 will ship....

Got mine in too....no flaws whatsoever. Also got an Orange Manix 2 from a trade in today as well....:D

20120114_152652.jpg

oh wow, that was fast, BBS sent it on Sat

408043_2872546864196_1575630076_32608104_1898522575_n.jpg

I had my doubts about the blue but this is a nice color, I like it, the picture's blue is a bit more intense than in person, just like everyone says.

Back