looks like the Blue M390 Paramilitary 2 is about to be released

Mine showed up tonight after being "Out for delivery" for 3 days. I agree with everybody on it's fit and finish. This one actually feels a lot nicer than my plain black one which had a weird grind spot on the right side of the blade and a sticky lock. This one is smooth as butter and the finish is perfect. It's going to enjoy being put to work tomorrow!

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

Dog vomit...

I missed out on this one at it's initial release.

Does anyone know if the deposit now still guarantees that I will get one? The blue is turning out better than I thought. I guess if I miss out, I can also get on the list for the Green CTS-204P version coming out in summer.

Thanks guys/gals!

gosh darnit mine came today (a day late mind you) and it has a sticky lock and isnt that smooth i was sorta expecting depressing the lock and the blade swings free but that hasn't happened in the 500-750+ openings of it since 2:30 pm today and the grind is inconsistent the back part of the edge is amazingly sharp hair popping in fact but near the tip it wont even shave arm hair also when the blade is closed where the tang and choil bud up to each other is not flush( although this is the first para 2 i have held so idk if this is par for the course)

its a bit disappointing to be honest

its not to where it takes 2 hands to close it but its pretty bad if i do more than thumb it open it sticks :(

additionally fit and finish are ok meh to be precise machining is quite rough ex: on the lockface and lock area it looks like their bit on the cnc or whatever they were using was dulling and it gets worse on the liners where the lockbar is

however the lockup is solid and centering is perfect

idk i have emailed cust service and am waiting for a reply

am i being too harsh cause i dont think i am i mean if not for the sticky lock i could get over everything else but i hate lock stick

That's about normal for a Spyderco IMO. Normally on a para 2 if the blade settings freely with the lock depressed it will have some side to side play, in my experience anyway.

Is that an STR deep carry clip?

Mine showed up tonight after being "Out for delivery" for 3 days. I agree with everybody on it's fit and finish. This one actually feels a lot nicer than my plain black one which had a weird grind spot on the right side of the blade and a sticky lock. This one is smooth as butter and the finish is perfect. It's going to enjoy being put to work tomorrow!

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

That's about normal for a Spyderco IMO. Normally on a para 2 if the blade settings freely with the lock depressed it will have some side to side play, in my experience anyway.

Another possibility...the P2 is very sensitive to adjustments in how tight the screws holding the stop pin are. I have had to go back and forth adjusting the pivot screws and stop pin screws on most of my P2s to get the blade motion adjusted to my preferences.

On some Para2s and Manix 2s people have had to take the pivot bushing out and gently file one of the sides down to remove the blade play. I personally never tried it but it seemed to work for a lot of people.

On some Para2s and Manix 2s people have had to take the pivot bushing out and gently file one of the sides down to remove the blade play. I personally never tried it but it seemed to work for a lot of people.

I was just wondering why I hadn't heard of more folks doing this if they had blade-play in their Para-2s (aside from the obvious void of warranty - but still, there are plenty of tinkerers on here).

Seems to me, going by memory, that when the Manix 2 came out there were some people who modified the pivot for this reason. I don't *remember* reading about that with the Para 2 (which came out later but uses the same pivot design), but honestly I might have missed posts or forgotten reading them. It wouldn't be surprising if Spyderco has learned a few things during the M2/P2 production cycle and improved their tolerances?

Seems to me, going by memory, that when the Manix 2 came out there were some people who modified the pivot for this reason. I don't *remember* reading about that with the Para 2 (which came out later but uses the same pivot design), but honestly I might have missed posts or forgotten reading them. It wouldn't be surprising if Spyderco has learned a few things during the M2/P2 production cycle and improved their tolerances?

That's what I'm figuring. I haven't seen a single person complain about blade play on the new sprint yet. My tan para and m4 Manix both had slight blade play when closed, most people don't notice it I suppose because their new owners were happy. From what I remember it was a burr on some of the pivot bushings that was causing the problem.

Just got home from work and what do I have in my email? Any invoice from BBS to finish paying for my blue pm2!! The date that they put for shipping is 1/14, but it also said that the ship date could still change.

My blue m390 had sticky lock up too. I could not swing it open at all. I just loosened the pivot screw and tightened it again and it works very smoothly now.

Just got home from work and what do I have in my email? Any invoice from BBS to finish paying for my blue pm2!! The date that they put for shipping is 1/14, but it also said that the ship date could still change.

I found one in my email too!! I hope that ship date doesnt get moved back!! Im itching for it!

Can someone tell me where I can get these gray, blue orange etc sprint runs or at least pre-order? Pm is fine if the vendor can not be mentioned.

Back