Loose pivot pins fix?

A couple weeks ago I got my hands on the Spyderco LadybugIII (FRN handles) (overall great little knife and all) but the pivot pin seems to be a little loose so there is side to side blade play (also some up and down but only a little and I don't really mind it in such a light use knife).

I know the best alternative would be to send it back to Spyderco but since I live on the other side of the puddle (AKA the Atlantic) it'd be way too troublesome, and I don't really feel like going through the trouble of sending it back to the place I bought it to get a new one as I bought the last one.

So, is there a way to tighten the pivot pins yourself? I was just wondering since you can tighten them in a balisong.
Hammering? Tightening with a vise?

Suggestions and help appreciated. :)

I've heard that lightly tapping one side with the other side on a hard surface will do the trick. Just be careful not to over tighten.

Light tapping sure did the trick. Just laid the other side against an anvil and placed a small hammer on the pivot pin and tapped with another hammer the top of it.
A bit stiffer than before but I'd rather have it that way, still loose enought to flick open. Besides it'll wear as I have it as a user.

Back