Lost Another Pioneer- Jim Weyer

Win Heger

Gold Member
I saw that Jim Weyer just passed away, a leader in early knife photography. Before Coop, before David Darom there was Jim. I believe there were four books called "Points of Interest", featuring great knives and Jim's photography. He started long before I became a collector but I did get to meet him and a couple of my knives were featured in his last two books. Saddens me to see pioneers passing, been a rough year. R.I.P., Jim.

Jim and Louise were always a pleasure to speak with, I enjoyed seeing them at the early Blade Shows.

He’s with Louise now and May They Both Rest In Eternal Peace and Love

I don't know a lot of the older guys but it always saddens me to hear about their passing. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

R.I.P.

I own the books and have had the pleasure of meeting them in the past.

I had a neighbor in FL who knew them from his earlier years in Ohio. I'll never forget how pleased they were to hear he sent his best wishes.

I have EVERY 'Points of Interest' book which Jim Weyer produced. Yes, he is legend.

I had only had dialog with Louise Weyer in the past. I wish I could have met and learned from Jim, beyond studying his books.

He did not work in the digital age. MUCH harder to do the work he did using film. I get this. I am fortunate to be able to 'delete' without care. Not so then.

We are now richer and more prominent; propelled through his wonderful work.

🙏

I saw that Jim Weyer just passed away, a leader in early knife photography. Before Coop, before David Darom there was Jim. I believe there were four books called "Points of Interest", featuring great knives and Jim's photography. He started long before I became a collector but I did get to meet him and a couple of my knives were featured in his last two books. Saddens me to see pioneers passing, been a rough year. R.I.P., Jim.

His own man...a wealth of knowledge...

I met Jim at the '87 Guild Show in Dallas. He was a gentleman who loved his craft and all things knives. He will be missed and remembered.

Wonderful remembrances.

How ironic and suitable that the obituary write-up is from his local (Toledo, OH) online newspaper called 'The Blade'.

Met him and his wife at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC. They had a small studio setup taking photographs right in the show.
Was in the 80's

Back