• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Lost contact with snowreaper1.

I have lost contact with snowreaper1. I purchased a XM-18 from him. Because of my lack of feedback he requested that I pay with PayPal Gift, as he "had been burnt by people like me in the past." I promply paid for the knife on January 30 with PayPal Gift to ease his mind on the transaction. He responded that "Got it. Thanks a lot for prompt payment. Appreciate it. I'll update you when it goes out in the next day or two." I e-mailed him February 1 asking if he had shipped the knife, and have not received a response. Of course he has been active on the forum. So I e-mailed him again today requesting a confirmation number, and now I wait.

I don't know if this is in correct form for this forum, but I would really like an update as to what is going on. I know things happen that can delay some people shipping items, but to be ignored bugs me.

I have been seemingly ignored multiple times on pending deals. Luckily mine have stopped at the probing offers stage. The one key you have to remember is that patience is worth its weight in gold (that is ignoring the fact that an abstract concept has no tangible form, let alone weight). You just have to wait on him for a few days, and remember that he may have a lot going on right now so a knife may not have made the top of his priority list. I will say, though, that if you sent him the money already then he should bump that knife up as high as he can on said list.

My advise? Give it until Friday before you start to freak out. Super Bowl weekend is pretty hectic for a lot of people.

I sent him a PM regarding this thread

I hate to say it but you burned yourself with the PayPal gift option. There have been several posts here referencing the folly of using the gift option. You may want to contact your Credit Card company and / or PayPal and try to undue the transaction. Maybe Sparks or a mod could post a banner here that says "Never ever use the PayPal gift option for internet purchases". Good luck.

At this point, we can only recommend that people avoid being forced to use the gift option. We cannot police that in every single transaction, and it would be an endless flow of threads. But, as far as the OP is concerned it's only been a few days. I'd give it a few more days.

I do apologize for this, I heard from him and he is in the middle of a move to Arizona.

I hate to say it but you burned yourself with the PayPal gift option. There have been several posts here referencing the folly of using the gift option. You may want to contact your Credit Card company and / or PayPal and try to undue the transaction. Maybe Sparks or a mod could post a banner here that says "Never ever use the PayPal gift option for internet purchases". Good luck.

True, the gift option is bad business, but it is PayPal business. You use their service, play by their rules. Do not expect Bladeforums to police their rules for them. We remind people often enough.

Anyway, in this case, it looks like everything will be OK, life interrupted the deal for a short while. :)

IMHO, you should not put something up for sale if you know you will not be able to deliver. Being in the middle of a move does not happen overnight, and a seller knows they will have very limited time , if any to deliver. If a buyer pays immediately, shipping should be done immediately as well. I see way too many excuses as to why an item does not ship, and if there is a issue with a transaction, that should be taken care of immediately as well. Just the way any business should be handled. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

IMHO, you should not put something up for sale if you know you will not be able to deliver. Being in the middle of a move does not happen overnight, and a seller knows they will have very limited time , if any to deliver. If a buyer pays immediately, shipping should be done immediately as well. I see way too many excuses as to why an item does not ship, and if there is a issue with a transaction, that should be taken care of immediately as well. Just the way any business should be handled. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

You are right on the money sir..............:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

knifehunt , that is how I see it. Heck I even think if I have a knife trade or sale going on. It may be wise to leave a note on my monitor saying if I die please make sure this guy or gal gets there item. My bad luck shouldn't become theirs.

Although , to the OP gifting is a bad idea . Even if you don't think someone with a lot of feedback and posts would jeopardize their reputation. It happens. I certainly see how it could cloud judgement . I have done it and consider myself fortunate yet unwise

Amen!

The way I see it is once I have your money, I now have your knife (as in not mine anymore), and I owe it to you to get you that knife ASAP.
Once you have my money, you now have my knife and should act accordingly.

If one has time to hang out here, one should have time to go find a post office, and one definitely has both the time and opportunity to respond to an email.

Amen!

The way I see it is once I have your money, I now have your knife (as in not mine anymore), and I owe it to you to get you that knife ASAP.
Once you have my money, you now have my knife and should act accordingly.

If one has time to hang out here, one should have time to go find a post office, and one definitely has both the time and opportunity to respond to an email.

Well said both you and knifehunt both, As soon as I see someone's money in my account I get their knife shipped out ASAP as it's not my property anymore, granted I do work nights and there has been times where I've told the seller look I'm working some funky hours I may not be able to ship until 2 days from now, Anyway 2 Things here 1. The seller knew he was moving, and like someone said post offices are everywhere , not that hard to drop the knife off, especially as moves are planned things they don't just happen over night, and 2. NEVER EVER EVER use gift option If the buyer insists expect the worst and move on by using gift you are waving the only protection you have if you get ripped off.

Well stated :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Let us keep in mind that snowreaper1 is not the worst offender encountered here. He has solved the problem before much of the condemnation rained down on him. The whole reported episode has covered 5 days. We do this a lot, as if trying to scare off the person before he can complete the transaction.

With all respect due Esav an XM-18 is a pricey item. Insisting on PayPal gift deprives the buyer of some recourse. And just sounds sketchy to me. And the sellers excuse is not a very good one. And in my opinion does not show respect for the buyer. All things considered I stand by original post. Better to err on the side of caution then to get zinged out of your hard earned money.

I find it hard to believe that someone with 100% feedback would just randomly decide to con someone out of money. Which is why I have refrained from posting further details. I will update this thread tomorrow.

Why Paypal Gift?
Either way he would get his money.
Of course I guess you could file a claim saying the deal went bad when it didn't but he could prove he sold and shipped it and prove delivery by requesting signature confirmation.

There are simple ways to fix that issue. However by using gift you basically just gave your protection up.

Just my thoughts on that.

I agree that business should be completed in a timely manner, but we do sometimes have things that come up. I think you should have your knife by now but Snowreaper does deserve the chance to make it right.
I agree he could email if he's been on the forums though.
I always try to make sure that I have good communication when I trade/sell/buy because communication is important.

Give it a little more time and patience, don't give up hope yet. =]

I find it hard to believe that someone with 100% feedback would just randomly decide to con someone out of money. Which is why I have refrained from posting further details. I will update this thread tomorrow.

That's my thought. Not only does SnowReaper have great feedback, he's got a lot of it. I'd be surprised to see him throw that away over one knife.

Back