• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Lost contact with snowreaper1.

So far doesn't look good for the seller:
1. request for "gift " option (leaves buyer with not too many options if something goes wrong - as it actually did if I get this right)
2. cut off all communication until a mod gets involved ( I know life happens, but keeping in touch with the buyer with status updates is a MUST as far as I'm concerned)
3. poor packaging that allows for the content to get lost.

The box was damaged and I am assuming the knife fell out during transport.

Sure hope the package was insured.
Regardless, buyer should get his money back. Paypal "Gift" option.

The knife fell out of the box in transit? The seller owes the buyer a refund.

I did hear a quack in the distance, hope it was not a duck!!

So far doesn't look good for the seller:
1. request for "gift " option (leaves buyer with not too many options if something goes wrong - as it actually did if I get this right)
2. cut off all communication until a mod gets involved ( I know life happens, but keeping in touch with the buyer with status updates is a MUST as far as I'm concerned)
3. poor packaging that allows for the content to get lost.

Sure hope the package was insured.
Regardless, buyer should get his money back. Paypal "Gift" option.

These are the 3 most important tenants one can have when transacting here. So basic, so simple, so efficient, yet none of them were followed here whatsoever. Snowreaper, in caase there is any lingering confusion at this point (based off the empty box, poor communication, and lack of sufficient tape...you indeed owe this member a refund in full.

These are the 3 most important tenants one can have when transacting here. So basic, so simple, so efficient, yet none of them were followed here whatsoever. Snowreaper, in caase there is any lingering confusion at this point (based off the empty box, poor communication, and lack of sufficient tape...you indeed owe this member a refund in full.

He does.. He sucked this guy in asked him to do Pay Pal gift and surprise !! Knife is not in the package.. Gee didn't see that coming. Snowreaper you owe this man, What you asked him to do was wrong and you took him for a ride and you know what you were doing the whole time. Stop what you are doing and make this guy right. I don't buy it and nobody else is either.

Hopefully he was smart enough to insure the package for the full value of the contents!

Did you have to sign for the package?

No signature was required. It was shipped UPS I would file a claim but that would prove useless to me. He has not contacted me in 22 hours. I will give him some more time. Lesson learned I will never use PayPal Gift again.

Edit: It could come across that with my low post count and lack of feedback that I could be the one lying.
Because of this I will post some more details of this transaction.
So the day I started (Monday of last week) this thread I got an e-mail stating that he would ship the knife the next morning (Tuesday of last week) and provide me tracking. Wednesday he finally provided me with a tracking number, a tracking number that did not receive its Orgin Scan until Friday.

I tried Tuesday to give him the chance to refund my money and find another buyer when he failed to provide me with a tracking number like he promised.

I guess I am on the lookout for a 3.5" Spanto Flipper still.

Last edited:
No signature was required. It was shipped UPS I would file a claim but that would prove useless to me. He has not contacted me in 22 hours. I will give him some more time. Lesson learned I will never use PayPal Gift again.

Edit: It could come across that with my low post count and lack of feedback that I could be the one lying.
So the day I started (Monday of last week) this thread I got an e-mail stating that he would ship the knife the next morning (Tuesday of last week) and provide me tracking. Wednesday he finally provided me with a tracking number, a tracking number that did not receive its Orgin Scan until Friday.

I tried Tuesday to give him the chance to refund my money and find another buyer when he failed to provide me with a tracking number like he promised.

And out a good chunk of change!!!

So UPS delivered a damage box? I would get on the phone with them as soon as possible and see what can be done on your end.

So UPS delivered a damage box? I would get on the phone with them as soon as possible and see what can be done on your end.

Yes the box was ripped. I started a claim, but I believe it to be a futile effort.

Yes the box was ripped. I started a claim, but I believe it to be a futile effort.

I put in a career with the US Postal Service. I'm not as familiar with UPS operations. But it is never a futile effort to let a business know when all is not well. Some people are more diligent, have more self-respect, take more pride in their employment. Get your story to one of them and they will try to track down what happened.

With the Postal Service, for example, if you contact them on an item lost in the mail, they may have it in the "dead letter office" waiting for someone to identify it. If someone in the service lifted it, the Postal Inspectors would love to hear about it.

It doesn't cost to complain. It may actually pay.

Oh damn, you're out the price for a Hinderer. I really hope you get somewhere with the UPS claim.

not extremely related but I have been trying to get in touch with snowreaper to buy something off of him for 3 weeks, I don't know what the exact issue is but something is up as he hasn't tried to get my money yet

Is their anyway to call UPS to see if they can give you the original weight of the package when it was shipped? Not pointing fingers but it could tell you if the knife was in the box in the first place.

With tape being so cheap these days there is zero reason for a knife to "fall out of a box"

PayPal gift option.

:rolleyes:

Shakes head...

I had the same issue on another forum with a Carillo knife. I requested insurance on the knife for delivery. When I got the box, it was poorly taped and no knife inside. Imagine that.... I had phone conversations with the seller and he told me he taped it at the PO and "didnt have time to get it taped very securely" before mailing. It took me a while but I ended up getting 3 other knives to make up for the Carillo. IMO why wouldnt you take the time to tape up a package with a $1000 knife before mailing it?? Just like this situation, it all seemed a bit fishy to me. Hope you get your end of the deal bro. Very disappointing to view threads like this....

Remember, insurance only protects the Seller/shipper, not the buyer. I don't care what a sales ad says, or when someone swears on a stack of bibles that insurance is "extra". It's not going to protect the buyer.

Back