Lost CRK Thread

Cypress Creek Knives

CCK
Gold Member
I, like many others here, have lost a CRK. For me, it was my beloved CF Small 21 from KnifeArt. I remeber that fateful day vividly and I still cringe when I think about it. Not only did I lose my favorite sebenza, I also lost my favorite pen (a copper Hinderer Investigator), and a bit of my pride. Shortly after I lost my 21, I replaced it with a Small Micarta 21. That helped take out some of the sting, but it certainly didn't replace the CF. It has been 4 1/2 years since I lost that knife and I am finally replacing it with an incoming Small CF Inkosi.

The point of this thread is sort of an "In Memoriam" if you will. I think it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to the lost CRKs out there. Maybe accompany the post with the story of when you lost it and maybe a photo or two. This thread could also serve as a reference in case somebody comes across one of the long lost knives.

Here is my gone, but not forgotten, Sebenza.

eLDw9JV.jpg

I feel your pain. I lost a couple of knives (emerson cqc-7 and a microtech lightfoot manual) years and years ago, and still look for them....

I still think they are in one of these damn boxes!!!

I don’t have a picture of it, but in a landfill somewhere is my small regular sebenza made in 2006. In 2009 my daughter accidentally threw it away, I realized it after the trash had already been picked up!! :mad:

I don’t have a picture of it, but in a landfill somewhere is my small regular sebenza made in 2006. In 2009 my daughter accidentally threw it away, I realized it after the trash had already been picked up!! :mad:

Oh man! That one hurts! I did that with my retainers back in the day, much easier and cheaper to replace than a CRK!

I have felt the pain you speak of. I lost track of a LG insingo for a couple of days and was relieved to later find it in my work vehicle.

I hope the Inkosi fills that void.

I lost a large 21 silver dog paw Sebenza. I had 4 CRK rotation in a canvas knife holder I was using at the time. It had a Umnumzaan, a regular, a 21 UG and the large 21 dog paws. Every few days I would switch and would go and put on in the case and take one out. One day I went to exchange and it wasn’t there. I have zero idea where I had it last, what I had used it on, etc. I still hold out hope that I put it somewhere and will come across it, but I have moved 4 times since then, so hope is all but lost. I still have it’s empty box and it sucks. I have lost knives from other brands in over 35 years of carrying knives, but nothing stings like a CRK.

I remember reading about the lost dog paws sebenza, that loss is such a shame. I don't know what's worse, losing it and having no idea where it is, or knowing where you lost it and that somebody else is carrying your knife with no appreciation for what it really is.

I have not "officially" lost a knife since I was a teen back in maybe the year 2000 when I Lost a buck and schrade in the woods while hiking .

However. I had a scare a few years ago when I thought I lost a CRK Ti lock that was a gift. Less than a week goes by and my wife finds it on her side of the bed. Pinned between the frame and mattress. I passed out after working a double and it fell out of my pocket into oblivion!

I never told her I lost it out of both fear and embarrassment. So when she tossed to me while changing the sheets , I nearly soiled myself in excitement :)

Last edited:
My story has a happy ending. On my 60th birthday I received a small sebenza .
A gift from my daughters. All went well ,pride and joy . Then I was cleaning brush one day ,The next day ,no sebenza. Search and search . No knife . I was back in the woods time after time. Then 11 months later on another woods walk. I saw some thing shiny lying next to a stump.. Bingo! She had settled in about an inch .11 months mia
A quick cleaning and all was well. Rain, snow, minus temperatures .
Moral of the story, don't stop looking ! !

Jake

I have a side gig at Autozone.

I went out and changed some dudes battery and used my knife for something buttoned him all up and sent him on his way only to realize I left my knife in his car. A whole bunch of hurried phone calls later he comes back and I retrieve my knife. That evening I ordered a Code 4 to carry at Autozone

I have an almost lost story.

One night I was oggling my brand new small inkosi while driving somewhere with my wife (I was a passenger). I slid the knife into my pocket as we approached a shopping center. As I got out, I heard a barely audible click above the noisy parking lot.

I didn’t feel a thing, so I almost blew it off. Instead, I stopped and fumbled around the darkness only to find my knife half-way under the Kia! When I got into the light there was a handsome dent in the scale; it actually raised up a small ridge of Titanium.

Instead of being pissed at myself for screwing up my new Inkosi, I was super happy. If the knife had landed softly I wouldn’t have heard it, and it would’ve been gone forever—on day 1! I love the ding in that scale every time I see it!

Back