Lost Knife Blues

Man, that sucks.
I recently lost my Kershaw Emerson CQC-7K, which was pretty much perfect for me at work.
Not expensive, but still sucks.

Also, I haven't seen my Opinel 6 or 7 in about a year.
It's somewhere in my apartment, but no idea where.

Someone mentioned a fifth dimension.... yeah... I'm pretty sure that's it got sucked into a wormhole.

Keep replaying the events and it seems as if it were there one second.... and gone the next.

Keep hoping my mind will clear and in a moment if clarity, I'll remember that it put it..

Sorry to hear about your loss but it could have been worse like the 500.00 dollar custom knife I lost to the Mississippi river gods. Maybe you'll locate it but mine not so much. Good luck on your hunt.

It might still turn up.
I thought I lost a knife while cutting some rope in my car. I was convinced it was in my car, because I remember putting it down inside the car.

But after working in my yard all that day , I took a shower later in the afternoon and without thinking put the knife on a high shelf in a linen closet.
When I got dressed I felt for the knife in my pocket and it was gone, went back to car , couldn't find it.

It turned up about 5 years later when we were cleaning out the closet.

O the pain, and I thought that I had put it all behind me. No, just kidding. The last one I lost was a case burnt amber bone my wife took me to pick out for my bd. Found it two years later in my work truck inside a lockout tagout kit. Now it is put up except on long rainy days. Good Luck.

I carried a Case 70’s dots 6445R during college in the 80’s. EDC’d it all through my first job and years into my second. Then one day it was gone. I looked everywhere for it as it was a long term favorite knife. Finally, I gave up on it. Over the following year I wondered many times what happened to it. Then one day I found it at work. It was at the bottom of a box of seldom used packing materials. I was in disbelief. Happy to have it back but by then I’d moved on to more modern knives. Eventually I gave the knife to my nephew. His father immediately confiscated it. Haven’t seen it since.

Sorry man. In the early 1980s I left the only custom knife I ever had (a gift) at a highway food stop, in the pocket of my jacket hanging on a chair. Both were gone a few minutes later when I drove back. It still hurts.

Sorry to hear about your loss but it could have been worse like the 500.00 dollar custom knife I lost to the Mississippi river gods. Maybe you'll locate it but mine not so much. Good luck on your hunt.

Do tell.....

I find a replacement on the exchange tonight. If mine turns up, doubtful, I'll turn the replacement around.

Man I feel your pain....

I lost 2 SAK Cadets in a move... they were both gifts to me from the person who got me into knives... I’m hoping they are in storage or in a box somewhere. But I have looked several times now. :(

I don't think I've ever lost one, but I had one of the original CRKT KISS knives stolen from my desk at work many moons ago. Still pisses me off to think about it. I loved that stupid knife. Now the only knives I keep on my desk are $5 junk knives, and if one of my good knives leaves my pocket, it doesn't leave my sight.

For the moment, the hamster in my brain is spinning the wheel.

I've lost a few over. Both my CRKT K.I.S.S. and P.E.C.K disappeared years ago at my families business. Not that I really cared.

Lost an ATS-34 liner lock SOG pentagon elite. No clue, but it's been 20+ years. It was my first modern folder. On sale for $35 on a closeout sale.

Lost my Spyderco GB for over a month. Found it in the litter box/cat room. Great knife, great for opening boxes of litter. It was my first Spyderco.

I still grieve over my lost Wenger nomad. My great uncle gave it to me. My first knife.

After 6 months in the hospital and 6 weeks in a nursing home, I came home to find my Bailey model 2 geek edition and my ZT 0095BLK missing from my knife pouch.

A month later my mom found them in a drawer in the dining room. Apparently my father had gotten them out of my room to show his friend. He put the roll back but forgot those two on the dining table. Low and behold, my sees the, and what with my little nephews coming over she hid them in a drawer. $610 down the drain. After all the medical/hotel expenses, plus being permanently disabled, there was no way I could afford to replace them. Let alone find that same ZT at a reasonable price.

I had my blue kirinite Case mini copperhead stolen from my checked bag by the TSA. Gonna get a new one eventually.

Losing anything sucks. My favorite t-shirt disappeared for 4 months. Circa 1998 Sublime shirt. Still fits, if a bit big.

Currently, my Spyderco Aqua Salt is AWOL. No clue. So much has "disappeared" while I was living in the hospital. The effect the stroke had on my memory makes it hard to remember where I put things.

C'est la vie. At least it wasn't your wallet.

I seldom lose anything and it really bugs me when I do.

My favorite EDC for many years was a black Kershaw Shallot 1840CKT which I lost one day.

It was a couple of years before I thought to buy another and by then it had been discontinued. However, I found some 1840CKT blems for sale and bought 3 of them, just in case I lost one of them again. Still have those 3 blems but I now also have 4 non-blem versions of the knife; a standard silver 1840 and a S110V version of the 1840ST and standard versions of the 1840CKT and 1840CKTST.

So, I now have 7 Shallots to replace the one I lost years ago. LOL!

Actually, planning to sell 2 of the 1840CKT blems and keep the other as a user. The other 4 Shallots are strictly collector knives that will never see use by me.

Last edited:
This is why I don't EDC several hundred dollar knives. I carry what I can afford to lose. I ain't no millionaire that can afford to lose a car or mortgage payment. So I don't EDC $200 hundred to $500 dollar knives. My CRKT M-16 knife I got in a contest on here was either lost fishing or stolen. Luckily it's a $20 dollar knife.

This is why I don't EDC several hundred dollar knives. I carry what I can afford to lose. I ain't no millionaire that can afford to lose a car or mortgage payment. So I don't EDC $200 hundred to $500 dollar knives. My CRKT M-16 knife I got in a contest on here was either lost fishing or stolen. Luckily it's a $20 dollar knife.
I know what you mean, I've been carrying an old spyderco police for 30 years. The knife I lost was a emerson 10 customized by Sal Manaro with that awesome back spacer he filed by hand I believe. I just took it along fishing just to show my buddy as it was a left handed model 10 folder.

I had it in my pocket and before I could show it to him we had stopped to throw the net to catch our bait. Well all I could figure was when I threw the net it must have caught the clip and ripped it from my pocket and into 40' of swirling water never to be seen again. Yes it made me sick for days and I looked all through that boat twice. Yes I learned a lesson that day and it won't happen again.

My CRKT M-16 is still MIA, and just recently while the internet service guy was here upgrading my internet to fiber optic.somehow my last CRKT M-21 was snagged on to his leather belt. I remember I layed it on the desk next to the modem. He had some integrity and gave it back once he noticed it though. I offered it to him as I haven't carried it in 7 years, though he did decline.

I lost a case pocketknife years ago as a teenager,i remember it well. I laid it on my dresser and picked up amother knife and left. Wemt to the movies with some friends to see my knife was gone. I know it was stolen by a friend of my younger sister. Regret it till this. Back then around here a case knife was the best u could have and everyone wanted one. It was a gift givem to me by my dad

Back