Lost my beloved Leatherman Rebar!

I am beyond bummed. I just realized I lost my beloved Rebar at the Zoo last Friday.

I can't afford to replace it right now. I feel naked not having a multitool near by (I always kept my Rebar in my edc pack, which was always near by).

Is there a middle of the road multitool you all can recommend? I don't carry a multitool on my person anymore, so full size is preferred.

I prefer long shanked drivers, and I actually use the can opener, so a good can opener would be nice.

I'll welcome all recommendations. In the mean time I'll try hitting up the local pawn shops and see if I get lucky. Maybe I can grab a Leatherman for $50 or so at a pawn shop. I've seen them for around that price before.

I'm heart broken! Haha. I had that Rebar for several years now. I loved that tool!

Hi Billy, Sorry for your loss. That is a big bummer. The rebar is a great tool. As far as replacement, sometimes you can find a pst, rebar, and waves at yard sales, estate sales, or like you said pawn shops. In recent years, I think many have caught on that these tools are incredibly well built and are hanging on to them. Good luck in your quest.

JonesE

You can get a wingman/sidekick for pretty cheap, especially slightly used.

I've seen wave and rebar go for pretty cheap here or on Hebay, keep looking!

I've had my knifeless rebar for years...its getting rattly and loose, but I still carry it...I bought it off ebay a long time ago for 35$. Good luck!

Sorry my man Billy! It hurts for sure, did you try to contact the zoo for lost and found?

Price difference between Rebar and a sidekick/wingman is pretty small, and I would not go with a sog or gerber. So yeah man, Leatherman all the way, and if money is tight maybe get an advance on your next birthday present! ;)

That sucks.

There are a few good condition used rebars on Ebay right now for under $50 with shipping.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Wasn't aware of the Rebar model till now but looks like a great mix of the essentials. However if you are hoping to spend $50 on a used one, why not bite the bullet and throw down an extra $20 for a brand new one? It seems worth it since you owned for a few years and actually put it to good use. Not much for a handy investment and saves you more and more every year you own. However unless you loose tools like Trump lost the 2021 election (ha sorry had to do it :cool:) then perhaps a used one would be the better bet but if going for used I'd try to find one much less than $50 if possible. I owned a Skeletool for years and loved it, was suprised by how much it got used and didn't find many situations where I really needed more plus carries really well.

You're in luck, Dee El Tee just put the victorinox spirit on sale for 65$...that's a pretty good deal, I've only heard good things about it might pick one up for a family member.

Good luck!

I am beyond bummed. I just realized I lost my beloved Rebar at the Zoo last Friday.

I can't afford to replace it right now. I feel naked not having a multitool near by (I always kept my Rebar in my edc pack, which was always near by).

Is there a middle of the road multitool you all can recommend? I don't carry a multitool on my person anymore, so full size is preferred.

I prefer long shanked drivers, and I actually use the can opener, so a good can opener would be nice.

I'll welcome all recommendations. In the mean time I'll try hitting up the local pawn shops and see if I get lucky. Maybe I can grab a Leatherman for $50 or so at a pawn shop. I've seen them for around that price before.

I'm heart broken! Haha. I had that Rebar for several years now. I loved that tool!

A reasonable middle of the road temporary replacement would be a Walmart Ozark Trail Multiforce Premium 18-In-1 Multi Tool. It's sort of a Leatherman Wave clone and reasonable quality for under $38. You could go with that until you found a used Rebar for sale and then sell the Ozark Trail.

A reasonable middle of the road temporary replacement would be a Walmart Ozark Trail Multiforce Premium 18-In-1 Multi Tool. It's sort of a Leatherman Wave clone and reasonable quality for under $38. You could go with that until you found a used Rebar for sale and then sell the Ozark Trail.
I wouldn’t refer to those as “middle of the road”, they’re more like you drove off into a steep ditch and got buried axle deep...with bald tires.

I wouldn’t refer to those as “middle of the road”, they’re more like you drove off into a steep ditch and got buried axle deep...with bald tires.

You're free to have your own opinion. The tool in my link is unlike the other Ozark Trail offerings and a reasonable choice for people with limited resources.

I have an old Leatherman Super Tool I would honestly consider letting you have but a part of me hesitate to part with it. I really just keep it in my car as an emergency car tool but haven't put it to any use in years. I think if I had and knew of a replacement for it I would be happy with then sending it off would be easier for me.

Don’t listen to this guy. If you are going to pay that much for a crappy multitool you would be better off using that money to get a slightly used real Leatherman from a pawnshop.

They are a dime a dozen.
Just go in there and have your cash in hand when making an offer.

If it is a like new Rebar for $50 vs a $38 Ozark I am inclined to agree with others that the Ozark at a mere $12 savings isn't worth it. In the end when talking used it would depend heavily on the condition of it to compare the values and what is worth consideration.

Pretty sure I have a Rebar in my bag of Leatherman tools. I'll check when I get home.

Hey guys,

Thanks very much for the support, suggestions, and very generous offers to gift me or sell me a Rebar replacement. I seriously can not tell you all how touched I am. Not the response I thought I was going to receive. You are good people!

JonesE JonesE is gifting me a Rebar of his. I am very greatful. Thank you very much my friend!

I'm sorry I haven't been participating here like I should be, I've been working long hours this week. I'll address a couple of these posts individually later this evening.

Thanks everyone, you all are seriously the best.

Back